Anyone still come here for support?

Thundergrrrl
on 6/11/14 11:43 pm

I haven't been online in a LONG time and it seems like most people are here to complain but I'm curious if anyone is still here using their band and losing weight? 

Highest Wt: 274 / LAP-Band Low: 180 / Sleeved at 233 / Goal: 160!

ladygodiva1228
on 6/12/14 12:09 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

I know there are a few band vets still doing very well like Kate and Bette B, but I don't know how much they get on this board. 

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

Bette B.
on 6/12/14 10:24 am

10.5 years out and still maintaining. I do pop in here once in a while, but I'm talking on FB far more than I am on here.

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

Thundergrrrl
on 6/12/14 2:11 pm

Bette!! How are you? I need to find you on facebook. I'm in Jean's group so maybe I'll catch you there.

My horse is still doing well, by the way, but I am living in Wisconsin now so you missed your chance unless you come out west.

Bette B.
on 6/13/14 2:19 am

Who knows? Maybe you'll find me knocking on your door. But I can tell you that I will NOT be knocking on your Wisconsin door in the WINTER! 

PS: check your PMs.

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

kaytiebugs
on 6/12/14 11:41 am - Flowery Branch, GA

I pop in occasionally but I'm not using my band. It's empty. I'm still going on my journey though. I've created a support group on Facebook. There's no one else with lapband but there are all women of all sizes and stages of their weight loss journey. I'm working on my last ~40 lbs just working out and eating healthy/low carb.

Touchingsunshine
on 6/16/14 8:16 am - Calgary, Canada

I had my lapband done in Mexico in 2006.  224 pounds lost and 25 to go. Biggest thing I've learned is that if you don't change your mind your results will probably not last.  I know countless women who have regained all that they lost from WLS in general, not just the band.  If you don't work on the emotional reasons that got you there in the first place then you can eat around any surgery and find yourself right back there.  It has been soooooo hard on soooo many days....but oh my gosh I would do it again 100 times over.

Jackie G.
on 6/12/14 10:45 pm

I browse the boards, but not much support here, seems a lot of negativity more than anything.  I am 6 1/2 years postop and still loving my band!

Have a great weekend!

Hislady
on 6/13/14 4:07 am - Vancouver, WA

I also think not as many people are getting bands anymore with the success of the sleeve and difficulties with the band. Many surgeons no longer do bands so there aren't as many  newly banded people out there looking for information. I read where even the Mayo Clinic has stopped putting them in so that speaks volumes.

Thundergrrrl
on 6/13/14 4:11 am

Yeah, that's totally true. I relocated across the country and found 2 clinics (UW-Madison and U-Iowa) that don't put them in anymore. Luckily UW does still do maintenance on other bands. To be honest though, it's kind of nice not to be surrounded by people *****ing about their bands ;) 

Most Active