Bad Food Days

cammy2014
on 7/30/14 5:29 am

I have had the band since 12/07/10. I started out at 380lbs had lost down to 319, but I have bad Food days and Really bad food days. It seems like in the last 3 1/2 years I have thrown up every day at least once a day. I dont know if this is normal or not. When I started this journey I was on insulin 4 times a day and had cellulitus on my stomach offten. Now for the 1st time in 3 1/2 years I am gaining weight and my cellulitus is coming back. I am unsure what I should do. Does anyone have any advice?

kathkeb
on 7/30/14 9:43 am

Throwing up once a days ABSOLUTELY not normal, unless you want to lose your band.

I throw up maybe once a year from the band.

I don't know if you are eating the wrong foods, or eating too much food at once or what is going on, but you should see your surgeon to discuss this.

Honestly, I lost 130 pounds in 18 months .... And would have felt cheated with only losing 60 pounds .... And would have been camped out at my doctors office looking for answers.

You need medical help, please make an appointment to get started.

Kath

Bette B.
on 7/30/14 11:37 am

You need to see your surgeon ASAP! I went through the same thing 2 years out from my surgery. I had developed a hiatal hernia which caused a slip when I was vomiting all the time. I was keeping next to nothing down and was GAINING weight.

Call your surgeon's office first thing tomorrow and get in for an upper GI.

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

Hislady
on 7/30/14 1:12 pm - Vancouver, WA

What they said, plus the band didn't work for many of us. I only lost 20 lbs with my band and while it was ok for awhile it eventually caused me so much pain I had to have it removed at my own expense because it was just more than I could take after a few months. If you are vomiting you should get your band unfilled a bit sounds like it may be too tight. Have you been going on liquids after a vomiting experience? Your stomach needs to have time to settle down for 24 hrs or so after you vomit. Are you actually vomiting or is it just sliming (mucus and foamy stuff) because they are 2 different things.You definately need to find out why you are vomiting because that is not normal at all.

Kate -True Brit
on 7/31/14 3:00 am - UK

Absolutely not normal.  If by throw up you mean bring back food which has not passed through the band, it happens to me maybe once every few months and it is always, always when I eat carelessly. 

Either you are eating too fast, eating the wrong foods or your band is too tight.

you need to monitor what and how you eat to see if you can identify the causes and you need to discuss it with your medical team. 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Most Active