frustrated

trippsmommy
on 8/10/14 1:00 pm - Troy, MO

I was hospitalized in Feb for abd pain found out I had an ulcer that covered the inside of my pouch and where the band sits.  I was completely emptied 7cc taken out of my band. At that time I was 140#.  I had to go 6 weeks without a fill so the ulcer would heal.  got my first fill in April 2 cc not a whole lot of restriction to speak of.  I could eat anything including bread.  I had 1 real sandwich within that time of being unfilled.  the rest of the time I tried to stay with protein's first chew chew, chew and lots of water (following the rules) I still gained 20#.  I got my next fill 6 weeks later he gave me 3cc finally some restriction.  I am still holding on to the 20# I gained when unfilled.  the Nut keeps giving me pamphlets on how to eat with the band etc.  I got another fill 6 weeks later 1cc really wasn't a huge difference still not losing weight even though I am following the rules etc.  I just got a 0.3cc fill about 2 weeks ago he is afraid to get me back to the 7 cc mark.  He thinks I might end up with another ulcer or start throwing up on him.  I am so frustrated with this weight.  I did not have any problem losing the weight in the first place then this damn ulcer had to show up.  Has any one else experienced this had a complete unfill gained weight then getting back to the original amount and still not losing weight?  I don't want to have an eating disorder but right now I think that will be the only way I can drop this 20# gain.  I can't wear my uniforms or the summer clothes from last year.  I am really embarrassed of my self.  I just had an adjustment of my antidepressant and had some antianxiety med added to my medication regimen.  I am a total train wreck.  I keep thinking if I really screwed this up for myself.  Is my band ever going to work for me again.  I am embarrassed to be with my husband with the lights on.  I know he won't say anything it is just I think he is upset with me.  Sorry for all the blubbering but I am not sure if I should get a revision or just keep getting fills until I get good restriction, and will my Dr keep giving me fills? Okay I am off my soap box.  I am such an embarrassment to my self 

Sincerely the Whiner

When I grow up I wanna be Skinny!!!

Hislady
on 8/10/14 1:54 pm - Vancouver, WA

It's pretty common to have a problem getting back to the same restriction again once you have been unfilled and a gain is pretty much expected when empty too. You can certainly try to lose without hitting your sweet spot again but most end up revising because they can never get back to their desired weight. You might also try journaling your food again that usually helps me get back on track.

trippsmommy
on 8/11/14 1:31 pm - Troy, MO

thanks for the response.  I will try to journal my foods.  Thanks again.

Kate -True Brit
on 8/10/14 6:49 pm - UK

I read most of your post but the colour and the singie paragraph made it difficult and so I apologise if I have missed bits. You may find you get more replies if you re-format it. Many people open long, single oaragraph, purple posts and just close them straightaway!

if you are following the rules and not losing weight, something odd is happening. If you are eating small amounts of healthy food and eating fewer calories than you use, the body has no choice but to burn stored energy -fat. Irrespective of how tight your band is - the band just makes eating smaller amounts easier. 

So either you are eating more than you think you are or you have set your daily limit too high. Remember that the lighter we are, the fewer calories we need. I know nothing about you or your build, but say for example you lost weight when you were obese on around 1200 calories a day, at 160lbs you might need to eat less. At 248lbs, I lost on 1200+, now at 170 and fighting a regain, I am eating under 1000.  I am also 8 years older than when I got my band and that means fewer calories needed as well! 

Some medications make it harder to lose weight; check that with a doctor or chemist.

getting back to a good level of restriction after an unfill can be difficult but people can get there.

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

trippsmommy
on 8/11/14 1:29 pm - Troy, MO

Thanks for the advice.  I will pay closer attention to my caloric intake.  I have spoken to my Dr about my antidepressant and the one I am on has a low likelihood of causing weight gain.  I am going back to my surgeon in Sept hopefully for another fill.  I am in hopes to start losing weight when I am back to 7cc and not 6.3 cc.  Thanks again

Most Active