having my lap band removed cause of slip and revision to sleeve...my surgery date is...

spuddzy
on 11/21/14 4:10 am - NY

I had some pain and found out in July my band slipped.after follow up my doctor rmoved 4cc and going to revise to sleeve.If anyone could offer me any advise that could help me prepare and whats the best protein drink to take..I would appreciate it....

spuddzy

Kate -True Brit
on 11/21/14 4:27 am - UK

Sorry to hear of your problems. I think you will get lots more replies if you post this on the sleeve board. Or maybe on the main General Discussion board. 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Hislady
on 11/21/14 5:30 am - Vancouver, WA

I also suggest going to the sleeve forum for more info. What I can tell you is most people *****vise say the sleeve works like they told us the band would but didn't. I know of very few people who are unhappy with their sleeves. If you have time try ordering some protein samples to try because everyone is so different in what they like. You probably won't need them for too long because you should be able to get your protein from real food after a few weeks. Also depends on what your surgeon has for a post op diet. Some folks go directly to full liquids and soft foods others are on clear liquids for weeks so it varies with each surgeon. I wish you the best and hope surgery goes well and healing is quick.

spuddzy
on 11/21/14 8:56 am - NY

Thank you so much for your reply...I have not been on ob for a long time over a year...sometimes its good to check in with people that helped you in the past and were there for me when I started weight loss surgery. where do you order protein samples on line..I have no idea....

spuddzy

Hislady
on 11/22/14 7:16 am - Vancouver, WA

Let's see I think Vitalady has a variety pack and I got some good coffee flavored ones from Click, oh and there is Unjury, Synthrax and I also liked Pure Protein ready to drink. I also used Isopure ready to drink in fruit punch flavor because they have so much protein in them. You do have to fix them special to make them more palatable I had mine ice cold, and served in ice plus I watered it down to half strength as they just tasted too strong for me but one bottle had like 45 grams of protein if I remember right. You should be able to get the majority of your protein from food tho very soon out from surgery so don't buy too much of it and like others have said your tastes will change so don't buy a huge bucket of something before surgery cause you may hate it afterwards, Good luck!!

spuddzy
on 12/2/14 8:48 am - NY

I start my pre op diet in a few days..lap band surgery 4 years ago I usedAmplified Whey \bolic Extreme 60 - 260 caloried I had chochlate...what do u think I should get...

spuddzy

Nic M
on 11/22/14 3:35 am

Hi Spuddzy, 

I remember when you got your band! I'm sorry to hear it slipped. I hope you'll be okay. Good luck with your revision.

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

spuddzy
on 12/2/14 8:52 am - NY

Hi Nic...I did good with the band but not too much weight loss...I couldnt get fills..I stayed with 4cc cause if too tight I got sick and had to remove some..I will be glad to start a new chapter in my life with the sleeve...in 10 days I will have the surgery...stay in touch with me...how have you done all this time....I hope good....

spuddzy

Bonnie1960
on 11/25/14 2:16 am

I am also revising from Lap Band to Sleeve, my surgery is scheduled for 12/1

Good Luck!!!

LAPBAND Surgery in Norman, Oklahoma on 12/3/2003

Vertical Sleeve  Revision Surgery  in Amarillo, Texas on  12/1/2014   

pineview01
on 11/27/14 12:42 pm - Davison, MI

Good luck to the both of you with your band to sleeve revision.  Two years out and am doing great.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active