plateau

cocoapresh
on 1/21/15 11:37 am

I had surgery December 31st. I was on liquids for 2 weeks and now I'm starting my second week of soft foods. I'm using a Fitbit and MyFitnessPal to track my activity and food. I'm definitely getting in my protein everyday, 60 grams. Most days I get in my 64 ounces of water. Several times a week I walk for 30 minutes and try to achieve 7500 steps a day. I usually have lots of calorie points left over at the end of the day but I am NOT losing and fluctuating up and down by 3 to 4 pounds from day to day. Not sure what to do. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks cindy

Kate -True Brit
on 1/21/15 6:02 pm, edited 1/21/15 6:03 pm - UK

Be patient!  Most banded people lose 1-2lbs a week on average. But averages don't mean every week! Some weeks will be nothing, some weeks 1lb, some weeks 3lbs. You have just had major surgery, let your body adjust! Lots of people stall early in and the necessary transition form liquids to solids confuses the body even more.

just carry on according to your plan. Calories from different foods do have different physiological effects but the basic equation holds true: if you take in fewer calories than you use, your body must eventually burn stored energy (fat). 

Weigh as often as you want, unkess it stresses you! But only chart the numbers every week or month. 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Hislady
on 1/22/15 8:00 am - Vancouver, WA

I think your body has to stop every now and then to just regroup from the changes going on. You are doing things right just be patient.

Most Active