Port changed to lower profile

Mell
on 1/26/15 12:16 am

Hi!

I had a revision to my TT along with my port changed from the old one (had mine for 8 years now) to the low profile one. I just had surgery on Thursday, this recovery has been much easier than my panni.  This time they tightened my muscles, switched out the port and trimmed up some skin since I have lost some more weight. 

So far you cannot see my port! Before it looked like a baseball under my skin and it was loose so when I moved in certain ways it moved around and pulled at my tube causing me pain.

I am still swollen but I honestly cannot see it from the outside! Very happy with the results so far.  But they did have to empty my band and he only put about three quarters of the fluid back in which made me nervous but so far I have not noticed a difference in my eating probably because my muscles are tight and swollen I cannot even yell at my kids (they are happy!).

Good luck with your journey everyone!

Mell
Start weight: 320
At surgery:  300
Current:      185
Goal:           175

Kate -True Brit
on 1/26/15 12:58 am - UK

Excellent. Several people I know needed the low profile port and are very happy with it.

we were banded around the same time. I still love my band!

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Mell
on 1/26/15 4:08 am

Yes I got mine in October 2006 and I love it, I did have issues that were fixed but overall I have had a great experience with my band and have lost around 120 pounds now even after I had two babies while banded. 

I am glad there are still some of us around!

Mell
Start weight: 320
At surgery:  300
Current:      185
Goal:           175

Dejah H.
on 1/29/15 1:38 am - Central, TX

Mell,

I had a TT and my port changed to the low profile one in August. It is wonderful! Congratulations! It is nice to hear from other successful bandsters! :)

I have had mine since 2008, and I love it.

Dejah

289 / 273 / 163.4 / 164   10cc AP Standard  my band! 

Mell
on 1/29/15 5:18 am

We are nearly identical! I had mine in october 2008, started around 300lbs and I am about 175/180.

Congratulations!

Most Active