How Ofter Lap-Band Adjusted?

MrsBacchus
on 3/16/15 2:36 pm - San Carlos, CA

I realize I have not had my lap-band adjusted in about 2 years. Is that normal? I am happy with my eating/weight so haven't felt the need for it to be tighter or looser. How often should it get adjusted? Yes, I could call my surgeon, but his office is closed tonight! 

Kate -True Brit
on 3/16/15 6:54 pm - UK

There is no 'shouid".  We need adjustments as and when fat under the band decreases. For some this happens quickly, for some slowly.  Some people have a lot  of internal far, some have very little. And once all the internal fat has gone, the band shouid theoretically not need adjusting.

my last fill was in 2007. 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Bette B.
on 3/17/15 11:39 am

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it." If you're happy and doing fine, just let it ride.

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

Hislady
on 3/18/15 2:10 pm - Vancouver, WA

The I agree with the "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!" The less you mess with it the less you will mess it up.

Iam_with_the_Band
on 3/18/15 6:35 pm

It's totally up to you.  There are no rules.  My surgeon said the less tight it is, the less complications you'll have.  I never had an unfill and only had 4.9ml in my 14ml band after 5 years when I revised to the Sleeve.  If you're happy and not having reflux issues, able to eat and not gain weight, keep it where it is.  BE happy it's not causing issues and enjoy your new healthy body.

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

Jackie G.
on 3/20/15 8:21 am

Hi Iam with the Band....

I don't know if you remember me, we had our bands on the same date.  Just curious why you revised?  I changed my name, so I couldn't view your profile....I live in Thornton, CO.

Jackie

Hislady
on 3/20/15 12:43 pm - Vancouver, WA

I believe withtheband was having trouble with acid so badly her voice was changing even with an empty band.

Most Active