Major ab muscle cramps at port site during exercise

kaytiebugs
on 3/23/15 7:51 am - Flowery Branch, GA

I just left from an unfill so I know it isn't due to my port being flipped.

When I do a good ab exercise, my abdominal muscles around where my port is tighten up and cramp really bad. I can stretch it out but if I try to continue exercising it keeps coming back. I have to completely stop. It feels like a Charlie horse. Only happens on my port side.

I asked my doctor about it today but he didn't comment on it at all. Whatsoever. I'm really disappointed with him in that matter. 

Any ideas anyone?

Hislady
on 3/23/15 9:08 am - Vancouver, WA

Your may have been done far enough back when they were still anchoring them to a muscle with a stitch or 2. Could be the port moved some with the fill and so now it pulls that stitch. Otherwise I don't know what else would cause it.

ladygodiva1228
on 3/24/15 4:45 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

The only other thing that I personally know to cause the pain you are describing is scar tissue around the port.  Mine would pull if I moved the wrong way or overexerted myself.  If you can keep a journal or something so you can note if it starts happening when you are not exercising.

Thundergrrrl
on 3/24/15 4:45 am

I don't have any answers but just wanted to say I sympathize. I get random ab spasms from exercise sometimes - really started after my tummy tuck a few years ago. They are the worst! I really hope you can find some relief. 

Highest Wt: 274 / LAP-Band Low: 180 / Sleeved at 233 / Goal: 160!

Most Active