Six year bandiversary

kathkeb
on 6/8/15 7:04 pm

I had my Realize Band placed on June 6, 2009 -- at 284 pounds.

I had an excellent surgeon, and great follow up and I lost 125 pounds in 18 months.

At the 6 year mark, in full-blown menopause, I continue to maintain a 100 pound loss -- and am working to lose about a 20 pound re-gain.

My WLS truly changed my life === and has given me the mobility to travel all around the world.  I have been able to hike down (and back out) the Grand Canyon, hike in the Swiss Alps, hike 200km of the Camino de Santiago in Spain, walk 100 miles of Montreal city-goodness in a week and see things I would not have seen while almost 300 pounds.

I am grateful for this community, which supported and educated me.

I am greatful for a talented, compassionate medical team.

I am grateful for OA and Weigh****chers -- both were instrumental during my weight loss phase -- for support and information.

I am especially grateful for a husband who loves and supports me -- through it all.

6 years -- no band issues --- just a moderate fill level that dims my appetite and 'turns a little bit of food into enough'.

Kath

Dejah H.
on 6/9/15 8:28 am - Central, TX

Congratulations on your success! It is a wonderful feeling! :)

289 / 273 / 163.4 / 164   10cc AP Standard  my band! 

Nic M
on 6/9/15 3:58 pm

Congratulations, Kathy! I'm happy for you and wish you continued success. I'm so glad that you're doing well. 

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

kathkeb
on 6/11/15 8:59 pm

Thank you, Nic ---- I so wish that you had been able to have the same luck that I have had.

I appreciate the thoughtful, educational posts and guidance you have provided through the years.   It is always good when people can hear both the good and bad sides of the same situation.

Kath

Nic M
on 6/12/15 2:32 pm

What a nice thing to say, thank you. 

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

lawanda39
on 6/16/15 6:53 am - calumet city, IL

congrats on your success awesome job!

Most Active