Long time bandster saying hello

Jenabug76
on 6/14/15 9:06 am - TN

My bandaversery is July 5th 2007!! I've not been on this forum for years but popped in today to say hello. 

I got my band in 2007 and went from 320 lbs to 220 but then gained back 60 of that original 100.

i am a big self sabatoger and have done it several times with my band. 

I had to decide that not on,y did I want to be healthier and  BUT I DERSERVED to be healthier. Over the last 3 years I have acheived that goal. I work out 3-4 times a week, I eat right (not perfect but within moderation - I do not refuse myself anything that I truly want but I don't eat 3 or 4 of them either) and the weight came off again. I got to a stable 175 lbs and 10 days ago had plastic surgery to remove all the excess skin and residual fat. 

Looking back on my journey it was a self worth issue. We all know how to eat right, how and why we should work out etc but a lot of times we hide behind our weight and use it for an excuse, or at least I did.

A few months back I lost my 19 year old daughter to panceratitus and it was in the grief that I decided to have the 10 pounds of skin and fat removed.  I did it!! I had plastic surgey 10 days ago because life is to short to live in the past, to carry shame or not be the best thar you can be. I put a couple of pics on my profile if you want to see. 

Nic M
on 6/14/15 2:21 pm

I'm so sorry about the loss of your daughter. That's terrible and you have my condolences. 

Congratulations on your success. Hope you heal up well. 

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

Dejah H.
on 6/15/15 8:56 am - Central, TX

I'm so sorry for the loss of your daughter, but glad that you have found a way to treat yourself the way you deserve. Congratulations on your weight loss and skin removal. You look wonderful! :)

289 / 273 / 163.4 / 164   10cc AP Standard  my band! 

lawanda39
on 6/16/15 6:45 am - calumet city, IL

I'm sorry to hear about your daughter as well and congrats on your success.

Mell
on 6/16/15 10:37 am

Congratulations! You look amazing. 

Sorry for your loss, I too had about 10lbs removed hurt like hell but two years later I am glad I did it. 

Mell
Start weight: 320
At surgery:  300
Current:      185
Goal:           175

Ms Shell
on 6/17/15 3:12 pm - Hawthorne, CA

Congratulations on your success and plastics.  Sorry to hear about your loss...

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

Karen D.
on 6/18/15 9:44 am - NY
Revision on 11/24/15

It has been a long time!  I remember you!  I am so sorry to hear of your loss.

I can relate to your new found commitment to the band.  I've lost, regained and am trying again but I have more tools in my toolbox this time.  I see a Health Coach, exercise 5 days a week and am eating so much better.  I may revise my surgery, but for now I'm trying to work with it and slowly seeing results.

Best of luck to you!

(deactivated member)
on 6/29/15 7:40 am - NY

Jenabug so sorry to hear about your daughter. I remember you from years ago.  Happy about your weight loss and surgery.  Keep up the good work. 

Most Active