Lap Band on 7/28/2015...Please!! I need some encouragement!!

Blossomdog
on 8/5/15 9:57 am

I had my lap band surgery about a week ago. All the posts about having lap band revision surgery are a bit scary. My Dr. never give me any indication that there were so many problems with the band.  I know there are people who had Gastris bypass then went on to do lap band like Carnie Wilson. Are there some positive results for people out there with the band? Reading through the forums it's making me wonder if I made a big mistake

Nic M
on 8/5/15 6:53 pm

Hi Blossomdog,

Okay, so you'll notice that I am NOT a proponent of the band at all due to the fact that I had a horrible banding experience, personally. However, you've made the choice, gone through surgery, and if you're feeling well right now, just go with it. Don't borrow trouble. 

Be aware of the complications that do arise, but don't be paralyzed with fear over them. Follow your doctor's orders, do your best to follow the band diet/lifestyle, and take care of yourself. If you experience pain, speak up, get checked, etc. Come and ask questions if you need to. There are lots of folks who have gone through it all and will be willing to help.

Wishing you the very best! 

~Nic

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

Bette B.
on 8/6/15 3:48 pm

I posted to your main forum post, but I'll be give you a brief recap here: RELAX.

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

monymony
on 8/7/15 7:17 am

Hi Blossomdog, I know that there are complications with any surgery. I had my surgery 13 years ago. I did have a band slip in 2003. But I have had no complications since. Don't worry until you have to. Good luck. Mona

Veteran Bandster 2002

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!

(deactivated member)
on 8/10/15 8:12 am - NY

8 years out, 90 pounds lost....NO PROBLEMS!  Relax and follow the band rules your doctor gave you.

Mell
on 8/10/15 10:28 am

8 years out and over 100 down here, a few issues but the best advice I can give is to relax and dont over eat! Learn the signals and dont pu****

Good luck

Mell
Start weight: 320
At surgery:  300
Current:      185
Goal:           175

(deactivated member)
on 8/24/15 11:12 am - NY

Stay off these boards.  Those of us who have had success are rarely on here anymore.  We are out enjoying life.  Problems an be addressed by your surgeon.  No one on here is a surgeon that I am aware of.  I have my band almost 9 years.  Down 90 pounds and counting!  The band saved my life.  Follow the band rules your doctor gave you and stop listening to the angry nay sayers.  Their bands failed. Ok. Move on.  Life isn't perfect.  No surgery is guaranteed.  It's unfair to keep scaring others. Your doctor can tell you all about the risks and side effects. You are an adult and made the decision you felt was best.  Don't second guess yourself.  You will be one of the success stories. Good luck!

Nic M
on 8/26/15 10:29 am

Where on this thread is anything even remotely resembling, "angry naysayers" or anyone trying to "scare others?" I must not be reading the same posts.

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

Most Active