Starting Over

Fatgirltofit
on 9/2/15 6:18 pm

I had lap band surgery in 2010.  I lost about 80 lbs but then gained it all back after having a baby.  I have started over and given up multiple times.  I need this time to be a success.  I'm looking for support.  My husband suggested me to start the fitness, inspirational weight loss blog I've been meaning to do all along.  I figure I can't be the only one out there struggling.  I can't be the only one stressed out over having mostly failed at surgery.  I know the lap band can work, I need to find my way.    Consider checking out my blog at http://www.fatgirltofit.com  There are not fees, or money, or anything like that.  Its simply a blog of my journey.  I hope to have challenges to help me and the people who check out my blog.  There won't be prizes, see the no money thing, lol.  Eventually there will be recipes, workouts, and so on.  Right now its a work in progress.

monymony
on 9/3/15 6:51 am

Congrats for wanting to get back on track. Go back to the basics. What are your surgeons rules and eating program? Don't forget to slow down and put your fork down between. Savor each bite. Get an attitude. If the food you are eating is not healthy and doesn't taste good it isn't going into my mouth. It is all about choices. You are choosing to be healthier. You are choosing healthy food and get rid of the high calorie foods that tempt you. Good luck. Mona

Veteran Bandster 2002

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!

Fatgirltofit
on 9/22/15 5:55 pm

Thank you Mona, I need to find the motivation.  I need the attitude.  

Check out my beginning again weight loss journey at Fat Girl to Fit

Fatgirltofit
on 9/4/15 8:34 pm

Thank you for the tips.  I am working on getting back in the swing of things, so I will need to do all of those things.  Its good to hear that success happens.  

Hislady
on 9/7/15 8:57 pm - Vancouver, WA

Also be aware of the fact that very few surgeons still do the band because of its high failure rate of 60%. The band also causes very serious life long damages to your stomach, many of which have no cures or treatments.

It is very likely that the band has failed you, not that you have failed the band. Please make sure you have a plan if your band has to come out under emergency conditions because that is often the case.

(deactivated member)
on 9/22/15 8:16 am - NY

You go girl! You did it once before you can do it again.  It took me 8 years to lose 100 pounds and keep it off.  Don't borrow trouble by wondering about "what if's".  If you develop a problem with your band you will take care of it.  It's not the end of the world. Stick to basic band rules, see if you need a fill and keep accountable.  Check in with your surgeon, weigh yourself, journal and think positive!  Most of us long term bandsters have been successful. We are out enjoying our lives and being happy.  You will too.  Don't give up :)

Fatgirltofit
on 9/22/15 5:58 pm

Annette, that is so nice to hear.  I feel like I've struggled the entire time.  I haven't had issues with my band, but finding the green.  Being able to use it as the tool it was meant to be.  Its easy to become discouraged.  I am heartbroken I keep failing at this.  I need to find my motivation and drive again.  Thank you for letting me know its never too late.  

Check out my beginning again weight loss journey at Fat Girl to Fit

Most Active