Can anyone recommend Dr. Thoman in Santa Barara Ca?

calgal
on 10/20/15 2:32 pm - socal, CA

Hi,

I am want to have my lap band removed.

Can anyone recommend Dr. Thoman in Santa Barbara, Ca?

Thank you,

Sally

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose".
Romans 8:28

Hislady
on 10/20/15 6:51 pm - Vancouver, WA

I remember you from the way back days!! I can't say about your surgery for removal but it is an easy surgery mine only took about 15 min. and healed quickly. Best thing I ever did for myself was get rid of that demon band!

calgal
on 11/11/15 9:31 am - socal, CA

I remember you, also, nice to see you.

How are you doing?

Zee Starrlite
on 10/26/15 8:17 am

Hey all best with your band removal Sally!

I am in NYC so I can't recommend anyone in CA. I can say that my removal was not a bad experience at all physically. The port area is ALWAYS a doozy. That hurt/felt uncomfortable for a while. Emotionally I was a wreck lol. I did not revise until 6 months after removal. I felt like a normal pre-op. So you will be fine. Hope this doc is good for you.

, Layla

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

Cindy W.
on 10/31/15 11:20 am

I remember you from way back too ! Good luck Sally I hope all goes well for you .

Cindy W

calgal
on 11/11/15 9:32 am - socal, CA

Nice to see you, Cindy W.

How are you doing?

Cindy W.
on 11/18/15 9:15 pm

Not good unfortunately . Sick in health and  trying very hard not to be bitter in attitude . I am a shell of the person I was before this lap band . Before I was a healthy fat person and today I am an unhealthy fat person inflicted with pain  almost on a daily basis from that evil device .... For the last few years... If I go more than a week without vomiting or waking up in the middle of the night with acid reflux.. even taking prescription medication  I count my blessings but when it hits its with a vengeance and I have to do shakes and liquids for a few days . It's a vicious cycle and I gave up a long time ago . I hope to have my band taken out someday but the thought of having to pay more money to do that is what is stopping me . I was self pay and I don't know if my insurance will pay to remove it . I have enough good days I tell myself it can wait  awhile longer . Bet you are sorry you asked lol as this is long . Let me know how this works out for you I hope and pray it hasn't affected your health and all goes well . ~ Cindy  

Lezli
on 12/20/15 12:23 pm - Santa Maria, CA

Hi Sally,  

Dr. Thoman was the doctor who placed my band.  I saw him when I had issues with my band and he never wanted to un-fill me even though I was very tight.  I am getting my band removed next week due to complications due to my band being too tight and he is not the one doing it.  I got to the point that I didn't trust his decisions that go beyond being his patient.  

I now go to a bariatric center in Santa Maria and feel so much better with the care I am receiving.  

Most Active