How to sleep with a slipped band

NatalieNTexas
on 10/29/15 4:57 pm - houston, TX

Hello Board!

Tomorrow I am going to see a surgeon because I am fairly certain that I have a slipped band after a successful 8 year run. Any suggestions on how to get comfortable overnight to sleep. It has been difficult for me to sleep the past few days. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

With sincere thanks,

Natalie

sheriberi29
on 10/29/15 5:06 pm - Cleveland, TN

Of course if your suffering from reflux you may try sleeping in a recliner. Also , it may be a little late in the evening but I would definatly not eat or drink for several hours before bedtime. You could aspirate. What are your symptoms ?

NatalieNTexas
on 10/29/15 5:18 pm - houston, TX

Thanks for your reply Sheri! My stomach is swollen on the side with my band. I have an overall tightness in my abdominal area. I just feel immense pressure on the left side of my stomach. I am also having a lot of gas. I worked out earlier and did some heavy lifting and I think it sent me over the edge.

sheriberi29
on 10/29/15 6:13 pm - Cleveland, TN

Oh no. I'm sorry to hear your suffering. I hope that you rest well tonight and maybe your dr wil be able to remove fluid from your band and that fixes your problem ( hoping it's a simple fix ) please update !!

NatalieNTexas
on 10/30/15 3:02 pm - houston, TX

Update: My band is perfectly in place.

Diagnosis: Too much friction on my abdominal muscles and the band due to my workout yesterday. I performed lots of heavy compound exercises(Deadlifts,Bench press, back squats, among other things) in one day. I was attempting a workout program change by switching to a couple of fullbody days.

Prescription: Slow it down ...lol

Thank you Sheri for your help!

sheriberi29
on 10/31/15 6:23 am - Cleveland, TN

Girl, you seriously made me realize how I have become a lazy sloth since my twins were born. I'm gonna try to find a workout partner and hit the gym again. Maybe I can take off at least 25 of these 35 lbs.

Im so so glad that your band is perfectly in place. It can be scary when you've had your having problems with a band and especially when it's been in there as many years as we have had ours. There are much more failed band stories on here , than success stories so here's hoping we can be the ones who do not have to have removals .....

sheriberi29
on 10/29/15 6:16 pm - Cleveland, TN

I wonder if propping up with several pillows on your right side would help at all. Maybe after a nice hot bath to relax you . I wish I could be more help

NatalieNTexas
on 10/29/15 8:27 pm - houston, TX

Thank you so much for your suggestions! I will try them and update you?

Most Active