Anyone ever have upper abdomen get big

sheriberi29
on 10/27/15 5:47 pm - Cleveland, TN

I've been banded since 2009 and have been having problems having no restriction but a small fill causes me to not be able to swallow.... I've gained 35 lbs total but now all of a sudden my upper abdomen ..... Is huge. It's never been before. Has anyone ever heard of this happening in a band erosion or slip ?

Insurance wont even cover my trip to see my band dr and he's 4 hours away

cdisanti
on 10/28/15 4:17 pm, edited 10/28/15 9:17 am - CA

I'm having the same issues.I had an upper G.I. and everything is fine.I only have 2ccs and my upper belly is huge. I feel swelling where my port is.I go to Surgeon on the 16th of Nov but have to see PA. Since Dr. Is on vacation.I am going to schedule and see about removing my band and revision surgery. Currently have gained 20 lbs. I work out 5 days a week and husband says I eat like a bird. My band was placed in 2009 realize band.

sheriberi29
on 10/28/15 5:20 pm - Cleveland, TN

Mine is also the realize band placed in 2009. Would LOVE to convert to sleeve but would have to self pay and there's just no way that's possible

sheriberi29
on 10/28/15 5:23 pm - Cleveland, TN

I've got 9 ccs and can eat an entire Ribeye with baked potato salad and dessert .... I am hungry 24/7

Nic M
on 10/28/15 8:50 pm

I understand this. The band did so much damage to my nerves that I never feel full. I have gastritis which mimics hunger, too. Have you been diagnosed with gastritis, by any chance?

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

sheriberi29
on 10/29/15 7:05 am - Cleveland, TN

Unfortunately I have not made the triip to my doctor for an a half hours away in Clarksville my insurance does not pay and I already owe them over $200 that they told me to be prepared to pay before I could be seen again. So it's kind of been on the back burner

Nic M
on 10/29/15 12:05 pm

I'm sorry to hear it. (I just passed through Clarksville a little while ago, actually.) I understand the money issues, but is there any way you could see a doc and defer payment, just so you can avoid more damage? I'd really try to explain what you're going through and ask for whatever help they can give. It stinks to have health issues and not be able to address them due to financial reasons.

Hope you can see someone and feel better soon. Take care!

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

cheynne03
on 10/30/15 2:37 pm - West Monroe, LA
OMG I thought I was the only one. I have gained about 35 pounds and it seems as if its all in my midsection. What do we do? I feel so uncomfortable.

S 254/C168/G150   
          "Patience is the companion of wisdom."  St. Augustine

Hislady
on 11/1/15 9:19 pm - Vancouver, WA

There really is no option the band HAS to be removed. It really can kill you!!! I know at least 3 women who were hours away from death just from their band so you have to put your health and life first and get it out no matter what it takes. This is serious stuff. Try different doctors or hospitals to see if they will help, you have to just try every possible way to get it out before the damage is permanent. I have permanent damage from mine and I'll never be able to eat like normal. I have to eat really small meals all day long and every time I eat it hurts for several hours so I am in pain all day long! Just do whatever it takes you are worth it!

sheriberi29
on 11/4/15 3:34 am - Cleveland, TN

I'm currently waiting on paperwork from the dr . Did those women have any warning ?

Tgese people take their time about deciding if they will see you or not. A lot of Drs I called said that they won't see band patients bc they don't put them in anymore. I've even contacted realize....

Most Active