So frustrated!!!

brodi1234
on 11/29/15 5:35 pm

I had my lap band surgery in January 2014 and I have lost maybe 10lbs..

I had my last fill about 4-5 months ago and now I cannot keep anything down, everything I eat comes up. Despite all my discomfort and my

suffering I still am not losing weight. I cannot eat without running to the restroom straight after. Nevertheless, I am not losing any weight.

It looks like I am putting weight on. Since I am hungry when it comes up and I want to eat again.

What is wrong - I am so frustrated and understand that I am making wrong food choices but when I try to eat anything that is healthy like a salad or fish  i throw it up.. 

I am disgusted and frustrated..

Hislady
on 11/29/15 7:58 pm - Vancouver, WA

For starters you need a partial unfill so you can eat healthy foods. You are way too tight. Anytime you vomit you need to go on strictly liquids for 24 -49 hrs to let your stomach rest and let the inflammation go down. This is very common once you have had the band for a year or so it starts getting tighter because scar tissue starts building up between the band and the stomach. This will just continue as long as you have the band. It sounds like yours stated after your last fill so youy should have gone back and gotten a tiny unfill as soon as you noticed you were having trouble but you can still do that and it should solve the problem for now but eventually nearly everyone I know ended up having to get their bands removed. Something you should think about while you have the time to make a plan B for when it needs to come out.

Bobfeland
on 1/14/16 2:48 pm

I had the lapband surgery 10 years ago.  I had my last fill in September and have steadily lost 35 pounds.  However, as alway before when I reach my target weight of 210 my band locks down. Nothing penetrates.  Usually what I do is get the band completely empty regain 50 pounds and then start over and here I am again. What can I do to get the band to release and accept the small bits of liquid for which I am so desperate? Any suggestions?

Dejah H.
on 11/30/15 1:30 pm - Central, TX

You are definitely too tight. You need to have the band loosened so that you can make good food choices. Even with my band, I still use MyFitnessPal to track my calories/fat/carbs/protein intake. You may need to use a tool like that as well as your band to control your calorie intake. You should never be so tight that you cannot eat or drink, that is not the purpose of the band.

289 / 273 / 163.4 / 164   10cc AP Standard  my band! 

Karen D.
on 12/5/15 6:23 am - NY
Revision on 11/24/15

That is what happened to me.  I could never get to the right fill.  I agree with the others, maybe a slight unfill will help.  I know how you feel.  You try to eat, you throw it up and then a bit later you're still hungry because your meal never made it to your stomach.  For me, I then ate what would go down and it wasn't healthy.

Try the unfill and see how it goes.  Good luck.

Most Active