Surgery schedule for removal

maryhave5
on 3/3/16 6:22 pm

I'm gettingg my lap band removed next Tuesday. I am overwhelmed with so many feelings. Number 1 I feel like a failure. Even though I have read enough and been told enough it's not my fault that it isn't working. I haven't told my kids mainly because I do feel like this failure and I don't want to appear like that for them. My husband doesn't understand the ups and downs of weight loss. I feel like a failure in front of him also. But it's mainly my self that I feel the worse. I'm 57 years old and have been battling this for a lifetime.. They called today for surgery checklist, and it hit me like big time that I'm actually going to do this. I'm more apprehensive for this removal than I was for the original placement. I had to vent this as I needed to get it off my chest and take a deep breath and keep fighting this fight for a healthier me,,,, 

Nic M
on 3/4/16 6:28 am

Your words actually make me tear up, Mary. I understand what you're saying. Please know that it truly is NOT your failure. The band just doesn't work for the majority of us and I know that doesn't change what you're currently going through, but don't add feeling bad about yourself to the mix. I am wishing you the best with band removal. You didn't mention why you were having it removed, but if it's due to complications, I hope that band removal resolves the issues. 

Good luck on Tuesday. You'll get through this. Your kids aren't going to see you as a failure. I thought the same thing when I was going through it...and it was the furthest thing from the truth. Kids don't like to see their mother suffering. Hugs to you. 

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

cheyenne000
on 3/12/16 12:01 am
VSG on 03/25/16

First off your not a failure, your band failed you. They do not work for everyone. Hang in there, you are not alone many people have been in your shoes. I wish you all the best. 

Lapband - Jan 2009 weight goal reached with lapband. Revised to VSG- 1/25/16

maryhave5
on 3/24/16 10:05 am

Thanks.  I did get it removed.  I am 2 weeks post op.  I have scheduled for a revision in June.  Excited for the new chapter.  I did tell my kids.  They were very supportive of it.  I still have days were I feel like I could of done more but I quickly dismiss those thoughts and move on.  NO more looking back at what ifs and whys.  Gearing up for the next step.  Thanks again

annjones
on 8/23/16 2:58 pm - Kansas City, KS
RNY on 02/13/17

I right there with you!  We are not failures.  The band failed us.  We all need to grieve and then move forward.  I know it is easier said than done, but I'm working on it and We all have so much support here and around us.

Ann Jones
HW-304/SW-295/CW-226/GW-200

RNY Surgery 2/13/2017
12/23/08 Band Date - Removal Date 08/15/16

Most Active