Belching after a complete unfill ?

sheriberi29
on 3/29/16 7:15 pm - Cleveland, TN

My dr took the rest of my fluid out today... 5 ccs and as soon as he pulled it out I involuntarily and unexpectedly let out a large belch. I was humiliated and it came out of nowhere but it keeps on happening all evening . Has anyone experienced this craziness .... 

Nic M
on 3/29/16 8:15 pm

I was never even able to audibly belch before banding. Afterward I sounded like a dang freight train! The band's so close to the diaphragm... causes you to get hiccups, burps, etc.  Don't feel humiliated. I'm sure you're not the first patient who has had this happen! 

How are you feeling after the unfill? 

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

sheriberi29
on 3/30/16 4:02 am - Cleveland, TN

Thanks Nic,  I'm feeling the same unfortunately . I'm sure the damage is done. My port has ripped lose from my muscle wall and is causing pain but I'll add it to the list of problems as I try to figure out options to get this thing taken care of without my insurance giving a care. But hopefully the blood spitting up will stop . Thank you for responding and caring ! 

Nic M
on 3/30/16 9:10 am

Shoot, I'm sorry to hear this. You poor dear. You may need to keep screaming loudly to get that band removed. There has to be a way. You need to feel better. 

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

Hislady
on 3/30/16 10:00 pm - Vancouver, WA

The band seems to make people burp like adolescent boys. With practice I'm sure we could burp the alphabet with ease! I still tend to swallow a lot of air when I eat even without my band. I can burp with the best of them still, not a skill I was looking for but impressive none the less.

sheriberi29
on 3/31/16 5:08 am - Cleveland, TN

Hahaha . I'll just try developing my newly acquired skill lol my sons better watch out 

Jamie Z.
on 4/15/16 9:54 am - MI

I wish I could burp!  My band has been empty since at least October , not sure when exactly since I had gone for an unfill and there was nothing to take.  I've been progressively having problems for 2years now and yesterday my doc said we are taking it out and revising to the sleeve.  Be on your doc, listen to what they say, go to the support groups. They will listen if you're trying and fighting.

sheriberi29
on 4/18/16 10:40 am - Cleveland, TN

How's your process of getting that band revised to sleeve going ? I'll be revised to sleeve may 9

Jamie Z.
on 4/18/16 12:51 pm - MI

No word yet.  The dr was supposed to start the approval process Thursday .  I'm going to check on it tomorrow.

(deactivated member)
on 4/26/16 5:08 pm
On March 30, 2016 at 2:15 AM Pacific Time, sheriberi29 wrote:

My dr took the rest of my fluid out today... 5 ccs and as soon as he pulled it out I involuntarily and unexpectedly let out a large belch. I was humiliated and it came out of nowhere but it keeps on happening all evening . Has anyone experienced this craziness .... 

That sounds like it's from inflammation.  Even if you have fluid removed (or added) it's messing with your stoma just a bit and inflammation means belching like a big dog!!!  

Most Active