SO FRUSTRATED WITH MYSELF!

drdteach
on 5/3/16 6:43 am

I am so upset and frustrated with myself and need support and ideas to get back on track.   After sitting at a comfortable 155 for several years over the past 14 months I have put on 20 lbs!  I know I am eating wrong-actually I am mostly drinking things that I know I shouldn't be.  I am in love with Chi Tea lattes and green tea lemonades.  I know they are full of liquid calories and I really try to limit myself.  I had to have fluid taken out of my band last June (2015) due to horrible reflux issues and that hasn't helped either.  I have also been diagnosed with a rare form of adult muscular dystrophy so I can (and do) exercise but my muscles are atrophying and exercise is very hard for me.  I desperately want at least 15 of the 20 lbs I've gained gone.  I've considered going back to the pre surgery liquid diet in order to jump start some weight loss.  I am trying and being somewhat successful in limiting my calorie intake to about 600-750 a day and am making sure that my fitness tracker says that I am burning at least 250 a day.

Anyone have any words of wisdom?  I asked my surgeon to consider a revision but he said "You've already had better than average results with this form of surgery.  Your insurance will never cover a revision and I don't see the need for it"   I know that I did this to myself.  I also turned 50 and menopause is messing with my hormones which makes weight loss even harder.

HELP!  My clothes don't fit, the extra pounds are making my muscle disease harder and I am feeling somewhat depressed.

Thanks you to all you Lap Band warriors for any advice or wisdom! 

annie0039
on 5/11/16 2:25 pm

Try reducing/ cutting carbs. That tends to me a major culprit in weight gain :(

If your wanting a revision may I suggest finding a new Surgeon. If you start to develop complications from the band you Will regain :( And why Fight to retain the weight that you've already lost, especially if your Dr. doesn't seem to think it's a problem. Bottom line it's not about HOW much you have lost it's about What you manage to maintain as a loss ;) Dr's Don't seem to understand that. Good Luck

sheriberi29
on 5/13/16 1:08 pm - Cleveland, TN

Reflux is enough of a problem! Look into a revision !!

Banded 6/9/09 HW 242 LW 142 Revision 198 m 1 loss 16 lbs 182. M 2 loss 4 lbs 178. M3 loss 6 lbs 174.m4 loss 4 lbs 168. M5 gain 2 lbs 170. M6 loss 7 lbs 163 M7 loss 5 lbs 159 M8 loss 1 lb 158 M9 loss 0 M10 155 loss 3 M11 154 loss 1 M12 loss 2 152 M13 loss 3 149 M16, 17 0 loss M 18 loss 4 lbs 145 (18 months 53 lbs)

Most Active