Night Time Eating

coconutatthebeach
on 9/12/16 2:40 am

This is a terrible problem for me ... from time to time i think i have solved it, but then it creeps back ...

maybe i should eat dinner around 8:00 in the evening ... but that seems so late ...

late evening throughout the night i start craving carbohydrates like bread, graham crackers, etc ...

i can not solve this problem permanently in a satisfying manner ...

any ideas? ...

rachelp
on 9/12/16 9:30 am
VSG on 08/01/16

I eat sugar 2 free popsicles in the evening to curve carb cravings. I've got my whole family eating them for dessert now. 

Sleeved 8/1/16

HW 285 / SW 276 / GW 160

Maronita
on 9/18/16 5:45 pm

I've heard it said that when you have eaten your meals and in between feel hungry it is more often than not

that you are dehydrated.  I suggest you have some water, tea (hot or iced) especially green tea (it helps 

with weight loss) and distract yourself for a half hour.  It has been said that by the time a half hour is up

you will no longer feel hungry.

Maronita

crystal M.
on 9/22/16 12:24 pm - Joliet, IL

Maybe not 8pm but try to eat at 7pm.  If that would help you not consume a bunch of empty calories that could make you gain weight.  Then I would make a change.

Also there are lots of snack ideas that are not horrible choices.  Like the one the other poster suggested.  You can also do simple things like freeze sugar free chocolate pudding.  Just the simple task of freezing them makes them more tasty to me.  They taste like pudding pops...remember pudding pops.  You can do the same thing with yogurt but not as satisfying (at least not to me LOL).     

I also found a delicious snack item that I will indulge in a couple times a week.  It's low calorie ice cream. Now it's not as good as full on ice cream but this will do just fine and it's only 150 calories and 7 carbs for the whole pint.  I will only eat 1/2 pint at a single sitting. This is my go to snack when I am jonesing for something bad for me.  I bought mine at Walmart 

https://www.arcticzero.com/

Mell
on 9/27/16 1:40 pm

I eat something that makes me uncomfortably full.

For me it is hard boiled eggs, apple with skin on, raw carrot.  Find something that makes you feel like that and eat it before you can think of anything else.

Or I have tea, hot tea, it force you to slow down and drink since it is hot. 

Good luck!

Mell
Start weight: 320
At surgery:  300
Current:      185
Goal:           175

jjohnsonFTW
on 10/16/16 3:30 pm

thank you for these ideas!  I never really had "help" after my band.  I just kinda waded through on my own.

j

(deactivated member)
on 9/29/16 6:39 pm

I have the same issue.

The post about adding more hydration is true, and I have some go to foods at night like fruits (Peaches, grapes, oranges) and cold cuts like ham, turkey and sliced cheese. They are all filling with good nutrition and modest calories.

Most Active