Could this be a slip?

Dossy30
on 6/4/18 1:42 pm - GA

Let me give my history....had lapband in 2008, it slipped in 2012 and I had it fixed. Well I woke up yesterday with a feeling of a lump in my throat. I went to my general practice dr and she ordered an x ray of thyroid and upper gi. My lapband dr couldn't get me in until Friday (go figure). But does having a lump in my thoat sound like a possible slip? It's at the bottom of my thoat at my esophagus? My thyroid numbers are always good and my thyroid wasnt enlarged. What do you all think? Oh I havent had a fill in over 2 years

hollykim
on 6/7/18 12:34 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On June 4, 2018 at 8:42 PM Pacific Time, Dossy30 wrote:

Let me give my history....had lapband in 2008, it slipped in 2012 and I had it fixed. Well I woke up yesterday with a feeling of a lump in my throat. I went to my general practice dr and she ordered an x ray of thyroid and upper gi. My lapband dr couldn't get me in until Friday (go figure). But does having a lump in my thoat sound like a possible slip? It's at the bottom of my thoat at my esophagus? My thyroid numbers are always good and my thyroid wasnt enlarged. What do you all think? Oh I havent had a fill in over 2 years

the feeling of having a lump in your throat can occur from reflux.

Donnaburrows8
on 9/22/18 4:58 pm

So your last filll was over 2 years ago. That means that you were able to use that lap band for 7 years or so? Is that normal? That a person can use a lap band for that many years? I thought they were only really good for a couple of years

Most Active