Recent Posts

Clarenced
on 3/14/24 12:31 pm
Topic: Dr. Bradley Schwack left NYU Langone

Was seeing him for years. He was given outstanding reviews by people in this forum. I liked him very much both as a doctor and a human being. NYU called to cancel or reschedule with another doctor just one week before my appointment with Schwack. I don't know the other doctors in this NYU practice. Does anyone know them? Does anyone know where Dr. Schwack has gone?

Sacapuntas
on 2/5/24 6:26 am
Topic: RE: Early Bird Access is Open ? Bariatric Connect 2024 National Conference!

Wow, that sounds amazing! I'm so excited to join you at the 2024 Bariatric Connect National Conference. It's such a great opportunity to learn from the experts, share my experiences, and connect with other bariatric patients and professionals. I can't wait to meet my people!

I'm definitely going to take advantage of the Early Bird offer and register today. I don't want to miss this chance to save $30 and secure my spot. Thank you for letting me know about this awesome event. See you in Newport Beach!

you don't have to forgive and you don't have to forget to move on

geometry dash

Member Services
on 2/1/24 7:22 am - Irvine, CA
Topic: Early Bird Access is Open ? Bariatric Connect 2024 National Conference!

Early Bird Deal Alert, Only 100 Available!

Are you ready to join us at the 2024 Bariatric Connect National Conference in Newport Beach, CA, on September 20th-21st? Now's the perfect opportunity! Starting today, you can grab an Early Bird ticket - be one of the first 100 to register and save $30 on general admission. This Early Bird offer lasts until March 31, 2024, or until the Early Bird tickets sell out - whichever comes first!

Join us on an incredible two-day journey, filled with learning, sharing, and connecting. It's not just an event, it's where you'll find your people! https://bit.ly/42l42aS

(deactivated member)
on 12/14/23 11:05 pm
Topic: RE: OH - why aren't my posts being approved? Did I do something wrong?

Me too, don't understand why it wasn't approved. or maybe because i am a new member?
retro bowl

Member Services
on 5/4/23 7:00 am - Irvine, CA
Topic: RE: OH - why aren't my posts being approved? Did I do something wrong?

Hello! No, you have not done anything wrong. New members are on a moderation only until after their first post, then it drops off. You should be able to post freely without moderation now that this one has been approved.

Please contact us if that is not the case.

[email protected]

Member Services

FluffyPuff
on 5/3/23 1:23 pm - Calexico, CA
Topic: OH - why aren't my posts being approved? Did I do something wrong?

OH - why aren't my posts being approved? Did I do something wrong?

Member Services
on 4/26/23 1:02 pm, edited 7/7/23 11:44 am - Irvine, CA
Topic: OH2023 National Conference: Early Bird Tickets On Sale For A Limited Time! SAVE $30!

Join us in beautiful Costa Mesa, CA on September 15th & 16th!

We can't wait to see you all at the OH2023 National Conference this year! We are happy to be celebrating YOU and our 25th Year Anniversary during the upcoming conference! Come join us for fun, education, inspiration, and support. Get your EARLY BIRD tickets now and save $30! Book your hotel room too!

Less than 50 days left to lock-in the Early Bird prices as this offer ends 6/15/23 Tag your friends and give them a heads-up, the more the merrier.

We can?t wait to see you in the ?OC?!

chrisogrodowicz
on 3/30/23 6:29 pm
Topic: RE: Dr. Stan Hahn Nederland TEXAS

He has moved to Kingman,AZ I believe.

danialmarkun
on 2/12/23 8:46 am, edited 2/22/23 10:19 pm
Topic: RE: New life for old band?
On January 9, 2023 at 8:28 PM Pacific Time, Kitty_mom wrote:

My experience is that after the first year with a band your metabolism has slowed and experiments on contestants of the Biggest Loser had shown that 6 years later their metabolism has not returned to normal levels. I lost over 80 pounds my first year but some of that was from starving with a slipped band and weight loss affirmations. For the last 10 years, my weight has remained consistently 40 pounds down from my original weight. Try as I may I can not seem to lose anymore. My surgeon says I may not be thin but the band has prevented me from becoming a lot larger.

Right! My metabolism has never returned to normal (and probably never will.) I lost 62 pounds during the first 12 months, yet I can't seem to lose more. It seems that the weight is stagnant, and my body does not want to get rid of more fat for some reason.

Author of the weight loss affirmations e-book & type 1 diabetic. "You didn't gain all your weight in one day; you won't lose it in one day. Be patient with yourself."

LisaK/ UnstapledLisa
on 1/19/23 6:26 am - plymouth, MN
Topic: RE: New life for old band?

IMNSHO, get the band completely removed it's not doing you any favors.

There are patients who can do well long term I'm talking 10-15 years with the lap band or even I know people cause I'm from da olden days being 21 post rny and 12 years post rny reversal, with vertical banded gastroplasty was performed in my era to be less invasive than rny and was performed open though and wasn't adjustable.

I don't ask nor do I give weight loss surgery advice, I just share my journey on here and people can do with it what they will, for one what the person said about biggest loser metabolisms definitely applies to bariatric surgical patients, just not all of them, and my weight has been all over the place which I am post menopausal at 53, and have hypothyroidism and am seriously allergic to Synthroid, as well as many other meds.

I'm back in onderland after reaching my all time heaviest Summer of 21, even though how much I can eat and be active is cyclical, I'm 60 lbs now from my all time heaviest and almost 70 lbs heavier from my lightest (i've been anywhere from a 24 to 2/4 back to 24 to 12 back to 24 to now 16/18 not kidding when I say cycle a lot weight wise).

In my case I've decided to not ever do anything bariatric surgical again, other than possibly have a total gastrectomy that I looked into about 6 1/2 years ago as while the complications I've had from my reversal suck, they aren't anywhere near as bad or deadly as the complications I had from my rny.

I had an old friend get unbanded in 2008, she had vbg which I talked about above 2 months before my rny and decided when the comorbidities of Obesity (I've never had any of them) to get rny 2 years ago. She has lost about 1/2 is happy though and it's easier for her to eat than it was w/her non adj band that made her life miserable.

It was worth it to her, it wasn't worth it to me. Some other bariatric patients would try to see if getting a replacement band some have converted to rny or vsg.

It's your life, you have to figure out what's best for you, in my case I'm a medical unicorn in a lot of ways, but I come from a family of 3 out of 5 of us are all 20 plus post rny (that would be a sibling and a parent) my sister can eat whatever she wants and all she had to was pick up intense exercise 10 years ago to keep her weight off, my dad had wls TWICE orig 1981/revised 10 months after my rny and the day before my sister's) is still SMO and can do more stuff at the age of almost 77 and having wls twice probably slowed the comorbids of Obesity down in him, but he can do more than what I can.

But the 3 of us had the same surgeon, same dna, same surgery and had extremely different long term outcomes, the reason why I get wordy on here as I've been in the wls communities offline and online for a long time, if we can vary within a family, obviously we differ and vary with outcomes in any of the bariatric surgeries long term.

Hopefully you will find a way that if where you are at right now isn't working of what works for you, you could beat the odds by being unbanded or rebanded but statistically long term the band is showing to be not a great tool long term even for the most compliant of patients, they wear out, slip you know, you had one, so decide what you need to do to be your particular healthiest and happiest, whether that's figuring out another way to lose weight if you want, non surgically, trying a new band or revising or deciding just to stay the weight you are at, or trying to lose a little on your own, if obsessive thoughts about diet and weight loss have over taken your life and it's not worth it, again only you can decide.

Again this was wordy but it's also worth quoting my friend's surgeon *****moved her band and he also did an egd on me once, but he said to her, bariatric surgery is supposed to be a tool NOT a form of torture, it's not meant to be easy but again there's a difference between having to work at something and it being torturous.

I hope you find /or figure out what's best for you.

Peace, Lisa

Most Active