annanyc’s Posts

annanyc
on 2/7/17 12:33 pm
Topic: RE: Constant PB-ing

I got lapband in 2013 and it was pretty much the worst experience ever. I don't say that to dissuade anyone else- it's a numbers game and I got unlucky in terms of complications and just feeling miserable. I've never had a fill, and never felt much restriction. However, I did notice right off the bat that there were a few foods I'd eat that would cause me to PB. Looking at you, pastrami sandwich. The items that would cause this were rare- normally a lot of bread, maybe once per month, and when I was eating too quickly/not carefully. 

Four years later, I did lose weight, though not as much as I wanted to, and am now down to 165-170, which I've maintained within 10 lbs for about three years. It's not a happy weight for me vanity-wise. But I feel healthy, my lab numbers are good, I can jog a few miles comfortably, and I'd found peace when it came to maintaining at that weight.

About a year ago, the PBing started getting worse. Now I "barf" at almost every meal, except the straight junk food. Chips, ice cream, no problem. Pasta, salad, bread, meat- it all gets stuck. I actually haven't lost any weight, because ultimately, even though I throw it back up, I'm still hungry, so end up eating much less healthfully. 

Any ideas about what's happened? I'm pretty terrified about having surgery again, since the first time went so badly. But I know this probably isn't good for me, long term. I need to do something, but my insurance will be much better in about six months, so I'm debating waiting. Not looking for medical advice, but has anyone been through something similar? I'm guessing my band has slipped?

Most Active