Donut anyone?

firechick
on 6/30/04 5:11 am - FL
Just kidding, I have been in LE for 10 years, fulltime and now a reserve because i jumped the fence to firefighting. The other girl said it the best about the uniforms. There is nothing more discusting to me then site of me in my polyester uniform. Look like i swalled a tire. A mack truck tire. I cant wait till my surgery in 8/4 to deflate. I blame my weight gain on the kid so i dont have to any responsibility. Just kidding. But all kidding aside its tough being out there with all the guys competing on all levels and keeping up but you know they are thinking your a fat oinker. The guys were i work are all roid kings so the muscle out rules the brains.... oh well i cant wait to get to the other side. All you dispatcher we appreciate you even though you can get mean on the radio. I also tell the new people always bite your tongue with the dispatched becasue they can make your life hell... ar
Marla S.
on 7/11/04 5:25 am - Tampa-ish, FL
Hi, trying to keep up! Oh I remember those days. I was a probation officer supervisor and had same training as officers. Well with the weight and the added years, it was &*$%@. Speaking of dispatchers, I dated one for 2 years, never could have a nice long date, he always had to pull extra shifts. Seems dispatchers were for ever leaving, thus short staff. He also had a weight problem and was beginning to have a drinking problem when we split. None of our fields hold the market on stress. Marla 8/3/04 rny
bortiz
on 10/31/04 12:49 am - Rochester, NY
I am a dispatcher---been doing it for 20 years. I appreciate your post about warning the newbies to be nice to the dispatchers. I also tell my dispatch trainees that we are all in this together. You make an enemy out of the officers on the other end of the radio and jus****ch how long it takes for a job to get cleared. When we work together, one hand washes the other and life is much much better! I've had to bite my tongue more than once, obviously, but in the long run it is worth the effort. I appreciate all that the officers do and the danger that they face every day. Barb Ortiz
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hey everybody!!!!
Vanessa13 · 0 replies · 376 views
new to the boards
bortiz · 3 replies · 399 views
Forensic Technologist
dlhelmick · 2 replies · 409 views