new to the boards

bortiz
on 10/31/04 12:40 am - Rochester, NY
Hi Everyone, I just discovered this board, even tho I have been updating my profile on Obesityhelp, I never really checked out the boards before. I have been a police dispatcher at the Monroe County (NY) 911 center for 20 years. I had WLS -RNY LAP on 3/2/04. It has changed my health and my life and my state of mind tremendously. I'm down 114 pounds with only 1 more pound to go before I reach my ultimate goal of 145. I'll be dancing a jig in a few days I hope LOL. Just wanted to say Hi and introduce myself to the board. Barb Ortiz
MagickalMom
on 12/30/04 3:37 pm - Joint Base Lewis McChord, WA
Hi Barb... and everyone else! My name is Jamie and I wish I could be an LEO.... lol... I have a degree in Police Science & Administration and another that I am almost finished with in Administration and Public Managment but no one wants to hire a cop who can't get their fat butt over a fence....LOL! I am also an EMT but I do not currently work b/c where hubby got stationed they only pay $6 and hour and that will not cover babysitting! So I stay at home and work on finihsing my last degree (who am I kidding, I will probably go on to graduate school someday... I am an eternal student!) Anyways, I just wanted to say Hi... I really should get off to bed... it is 2 am here and I have so much to do in the morning (ick... even on vacation I have to much to do! HA!) Blessings~ Jamie
FlaMedic
on 1/17/05 2:45 am - largo, FL
Hey Jamie, sounds like you keep yourself busy regardless. I'm a paramedic and for the first time in over a decade, I'm not working and its nerve wracking. Can I ask, where are you getting your education? On another note, I know Kentucky doesn't pay much nor does any of the surrounding areas...professionally speaking, EMS or FD isn't very financially rewarding in that area. If you'd like to chat, I'd love to hear from you!
(deactivated member)
on 5/17/06 9:59 am - FAYETTEVILLE, NC
My name is La'Lani and I'm new to the site. My surgery is scheduled for June 1, 2006. I'm currently going to school for Criminal Justice and Spanish. My goal is to work for the FBI or The Department of homeland Security in Atlanta, Georgia. I did want to be a parole/probation officer, but I felt that I was starting off in a handicap....age....I'm 43 now. When I graduate I'll be 45!!!!!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hey everybody!!!!
Vanessa13 · 0 replies · 376 views
new to the boards
bortiz · 3 replies · 399 views
Forensic Technologist
dlhelmick · 2 replies · 409 views