Help size 6 x clothes needed for neighbor

Dory1961
on 2/16/06 3:20 pm - Byesville, OH
Need Size 6 x clothes for my neighbor lady and her brother, Thank you Help.. Need size 6 X clothes for neighbor lady and her brother. Need Clothes for a neighbor and her brother Need clothes for a neighbor Original Post by Loraine May at 10:02 PM EST on 02/14/2006 Byesville, OH - RNY (05/06/2005) - Dean J. Mikami, M.D. I have a neighbor lady who is just my age and is fast approaching around 600 pounds. She recently lost her funding for home health care and housekeeping and can no longer do these things for herself. She has asked me to help her with grocery shopping and laundry. Last night I went to the laundramat for her and I was almost in tears as I folded her clothes and those of her mentally retarded brother she cares for. They were stained and tattered. I felt so badly for her. I noticed that her clothes are a size 6x and he wears size 56 jeans and 3 x mens tops. IF anyone would happen to have access or have decent clothes in any of these sizes I would be so greatful. I want to help this family out in any way I can. I feel so badly for this young lady that she is going to die an early death and wls could save her life. I just dont know how to approach the subject with her, or even if it is my place to do so. I just love and care about her and would love to see her have a better quality of life. She is completely housebound now at 44 years of age. Any ideas how I can help her and her brother, without being a nosy busybody... HELP.. Love and Hugs, Laura When the above appearance is to your satisfaction, click the "Submit" button below. Title:
kizie23
on 2/19/06 12:04 am - blacksburg, VA
Laura, I wanted to say I think it is a wonderful thing that you are doing for this family. I have some 5x clothing I can no longer wear. I would he happy to send them to you, if you would pay for the shipping. Or, maybe we could even work something out with that. Please email me back at [email protected] Melissa
kizie23
on 2/19/06 12:44 am - blacksburg, VA
Laura, I hope you do not mind, but I copied and pasted your message to other boards. (the main board, va board, surgery dates for December) I am giong to forward you any posts that I get. Priscilla P's reply: RE: Please, please read Laura You are a wonderful/caring person to do this... Maybe you could approach this lady by gently saying...I'm concerned about your health and ask if she has ever thought about WLS....does she have insurance coverage? That could also be a issue. Now about clothes I donot have any 6x but have some 5/4 x's Email me.... Priscilla --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stressedinnj
on 3/13/06 9:23 pm - trenton, NJ
have you talked to here about getting the surgery or going to a pre-op meeting. Don't be her co-dependent! when people are severely morbidly obese they refuse things because of fear of rejection. Don't be her co-dependent. Make her get her own help. As long as so one will do it for her she won't be independent and help herself.
jherring1
on 3/25/06 6:57 pm - Brookhaven, MS
Loraine, You are such a wonderful and caring person to want to help out this family in such obvious need. I don't have clothes in those sizes, but I will certainly keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. I wish there was an easy way to bring up WLS to people without sounding insensitive and condescending, especially since nothing could be farther from the truth. My Mom is a RNY post-op, just over 2 years and 120 pounds or so. I'm post-VSG and down 85 pounds in 6 months. I don't think people realize just how much of a lifesaving / life changing experience this journey can be. Sometimes, I find myself even walking through Walmart or somewhere and seeing someone far larger than I ever got that is wheelchair bound or having a hard time breathing, and I just want so badly to hand them an information card / package praising this.....unfortunately that's fine if you are peddling something "politically correct" but this hasn't gotten there -- YET. I saw one suggestion about trying to get her to attend a support group meeting. I think you could ask her if she would go with you and listen to some of the life changing stories and realize that it really is a safe and viable alternative. I would assume that she probably has some type of insurance coverage, even if Medicare / Medicaid which is approving these surgeries more and more, so I hope that things work out! Good luck and HUGS.....wish there were more people like you in the worth -- it would certainly be a better place. Jim
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hey there.. new person :)
kahlana · 1 replies · 303 views
Hi I/we are new here too
Raheretic · 0 replies · 576 views
Marital Issues after surgery
FeelingFine · 3 replies · 589 views
New to this board
Sommer · 0 replies · 310 views
XXX question
meannevil2 · 3 replies · 827 views