Hello-I am LPn 27 yrs!!!

BARB K.
on 8/13/04 12:55 pm - WAKEMAN, OH
Hey I can't believe I didn't find this site before!!! My name is Barb and I am scheduled for lap ryn 8/23. I currently am working as office nurse for a pediatrician's office of 3 docs and 1 NP....I love it!!! Have done almost every type of nursing job under the sun but decided when I gor old I wanted to retire as an office nurse...well..here I am....but not quite ready to retire at 45!! I have a friend at the office who is progress of getting stuff togather for insurance to have lap band done....we started out journey togather but she ran into a few snags then decided to change surgery types...I will let her know about this site also...maybe we can get it rolling. WEll gotta run later nurses!!!! Barb
Maria W.
on 8/14/04 1:16 am - Kunkletown, PA
Congradulations on your upcoming surgery. We are in the winning team.I also have worked in different areas of nursing..............Maria
ebonynurse8654
on 8/15/04 2:34 pm - Lakewood, WA
Hello Barb...congratulations on your upcoming surgery date. You like office nursing huh? I thought about being an office nurse. I have worked in the ER, post-op, recovery room and the last 20 years as a psych LPN. I am presently on disability until after this surgery. While I'm off I'm taking advantage of the RUE program but now that I'm obligated I am not sure it's what I want. I will be eligible for medicare in December and hope to have surgery soon after that. I will keep you in my prayers. Deborah
Teresa R.
on 10/3/04 9:51 pm - Eaton, OH
Hello Barb, First of all congratulations! Hope all is well. I've been and L.P.N. for 25 years and I'm also 45years old. I've mostly worked advanced med-surg and now I do dialysis also moon lighted in the nursing home for a few years while my children were in high school so we could get thur the big money times. Now my 20year old daughter Just married and my 23 yr.old son is purchasing his first home and getting ready to move out and it will be me and my wonderful husband. Hopefully I can get my surguery and we can start a new life togather, my be like when we first started our marriage 25 years ago. I'm looking forward to a new life I mostly just want to feel beter, just to get thur a day with out hurting or out of breath would make me happy. sincerly, Teresa
BARB K.
on 10/4/04 8:29 am - WAKEMAN, OH
glad to meet ya Teresa!!! The surgery is great...wouldn't have changed a thing..I had a lap done and it was a breeze..6 weeks out today, had a couple of small problems along the way but everything is taken care of now. I have lost 36#'s to date and lots of inches!! all my uniforms are beginning to look like they belong to someone else...and I love it!!!! I have even been pulling out the ones i haven't fit into for a couple of years and they are baggy alreasdy too. Good luck on your upcoming surgery..you will be sooooo glad that you did it as you begin to recover and feel like a new person. You will see its the best fdesicion you ever made!! TO see the weight come off and to know that it is gone for ever is the est feeling ever!!! I will be praying for you that you'll do well during surgery and for a speedy recovery. Where and what type of surgery are you having.. If you have any questions at all feel fre to email me at [email protected]!!! see ya on the other side!!!! barb
Teresa R.
on 10/15/04 12:02 pm - Eaton, OH
I will be at sycamore hospital in dayton ohio.My surgery is the RYN-DISTAL LAP IF POSSIBLE. I'M VERRY SCARED I DO NOT LIKE SURGERY AT ALL AND IT HAS BEEN SUCH AND OR-DEEL TO GET TO THIS POINT I ALMOST GAVE UP EVEN THOUGH I KNOW THIS IS MY ONLY CHANCE FOR HELP. WE I MUST GO FOR NOW . SO TIRED FROM SUCH A BAD DAY AT WORK TODAY AND SO EMOTIONAL BECAUSE IT WAS THE LAST DAY BEFORE MY SURGEY THAT I WAS SCHEDULE AND ALL THE STAFF AND PATIENTS MADE ME CRY. I'M REALLY A BASKET CASE RIGHT NOW EVEN THOUGHT I WANT THE SURGERY. THANKS FOR YOUR PRAYERS. HOPE TO TALK WITH YOU SOON MY E-MAIL IS DAISYCHEERMOM @HOTMAIL.COM TERESA
BARB K.
on 10/15/04 3:43 pm - WAKEMAN, OH
YOU WILL DO GREAT!!!! LAP IS MUCH EASIER THAN YOU WILL BELIEVE. I HAD A PREVIOUS ABDOMINAL HERNIEA REPAIR AND IT WAS AWFUL SO I WAS REALLY WORRIED ABOUT THIS SURGERY BUT IT WAS NOT EVEN CLOSE...TO MY MUCH JOY. JUST DO EVERYTHING THEY TELL YOU AND YOU MAKE SURE YOU USE THE MORPHINE PUMP IF YOU NEED IT..THEY HAD TO TELL ME TO USE IT BECAUSE I WASN'T BECAUSE MY STOMACH DIDN'T REALLY HURT, I HAD A HEADACHE FROM BEING THE WEIRD POSITION ON THE TABLE SO LONG AND THEY HAD TO REMIND ME I COULD USE IT FOR ANY TYPE OF PAIN I WAS HAVING., YOU'LL LAUGH AT YOURSELF FOR BEING SO WORRIED ABOUT IT WHEN IT IS ALL DONE. TALK TO YA WHEN YOU ARE ON THE LOSING SIDE, LET ME KNOW HOW YOU ARE DOING WHEN YOU GET HOME. GOOD LUCK!!! BARB
Most Active
Recent Topics
LPN needing support
pennywardell12047 · 0 replies · 258 views
Graduate in December!!
janice2007 · 0 replies · 343 views
Surgery date!!!!
Annie1965 · 0 replies · 323 views
LPN to BSN ?
deniseiannucci · 1 replies · 655 views
LONGING TO BE! :)
SBATTLE · 0 replies · 382 views