Any 'Nighty Night' lovers out there???

ramonacrawford
on 4/20/06 10:32 am - 'Washington, DC
I am LPN x19 yrs, but I just recently decided to try WLS. I just recently began working with Kaiser Permanente and I had to choose their plan. I did choose the plan with the most options and flexibility,but I am nervous about their approval rate. Does anyone have any dealings with Kaiser and WLS?
MacArthurBug
on 4/21/06 6:11 am - KY
Melissa! I DO have a question! lol. I am so far not having very many problems with Tri-west prime. HOWEVER. I am curious about what they need for a "weight loss history" Did they hassle you over this? Did you have to do 6 months? A year? Or was it not something that you had to deal with at all? SO glad to hear your hubbys on his way back. those deploys can be oh so hard. The only part I like is that day after he gets back. ;) Wink wink nudge nudge.
belle3171
on 4/24/06 8:17 am - Honaker, VA
I find most of my favourite humour and comedy comes out of Britain!!!!! 'Nighty Night' is a dry black comedy at its finest! Shocking, original, hilarious and I absolutely loved it!!!! Here in Canada I was able to watch it on BBC Canada and Showcase. If I could describe the main character 'Jill' in a nutshell she is a totally selfish, narcisisitic and psychotic sexual predator... but yet you can't help but fall in love with the *****!!!! In this scene Jill is speaking to the congregation at her husband Terry's funeral...well he's not really dead cuz she has him locked up in her bedroom drugged with a diaper on...but no one else knows that!!!! JILL'S SPEECH AT TERRY'S 'FUNERAL' Nighty Night (Series One, Episode Five) * * * * JILL: "...all I do know Terry would want me to say (sigh) is that today has caused quite a whopping dent in my widows pension. I would have preferred to take him to the dump in a bin bag and give the brunt of the money to the disabled. But Terry wanted to be selfish right up until the end and I must respect that to the letter. Not being funny but Terry would have expected you all to chip in today, otherwise it just gets nasty". VICAR: "Thank you, Jill. ....Death is w.." JILL (interrupting): "I WILL NOT HEAR A WORD AGAINST TERRY! Having said that, he was a very bad husband and quite an evil man. He did not do his duty to me whether it be in the bedroom, in the shower or strapped to the washing machine with a hairbrush in my mouth. He did, however see fit to poke his pipe in a local tart whom i've yet to track down but whom I entirely forgive". VICAR: "Yes, forgiveness is always the best way. ....Jesus..." JILL (interrupting): "SINCE Terry's death I would like to thank two dear friends. Naming no names let's call them....Cathy and Don. Through shunning me in my grief and treating me like a leopard. They have shown me that I am a social pirannah!!". VICAR: "Jill...." JILL (interrupting): "I'm so grateful to Cathy for punching me in the face, throwing me out of her house and trying to run me over!! She has taught me that my friendship and love are useless. What I would say is.....I was abused. It only happened a couple of times........ ........a week. But it was my uncle...." VICAR: "Oh Jill...." JILL: "....One of the teachers at school, our next-door neighbour, the man who delivered the eggs, my grandad and my aunty Pat. She used to read me a story, lift up her top and ask me to throw hoops at her nipples". VICAR: "Jill, i'm so sorry...." JILL: "That wasn't too bad, they were very big. Not the hoops her....." VICAR (interrupting): "Jill, please....don't do this to yourself" JILL (interrupting): "Of course I was just young. Between nine and fifteen... ..... sixteen and eighteen ......and then nothing again until I was twenty eight....and that was just the 'Egg Man'
carolbear
on 4/25/06 11:42 am - Baldwin Park, CA
Hello Linda, How are you..Please give us an update on your progress. I'm doing fine. I'm finally able to tell that my clothes is somewhat loose. I was hoping to loose alot more but I guess I should give myself a break. The last time I lost over 20lbs was about 8 or 9 years ago, with Phen-fen.. I really dislike making and drinking the protein shakes, so I discovered that sardines have a lot of protein. I really like sardines...... Cottage cheese also has a lot of protein, so I'm at a place where I'm playing with different foods and I like it.. My only problem is I don't get a lot of water so I get constipated a lot (sucks)........ Take care and hope to be where your'e at soon, Warm regards, Carolbear
Rosa
DeLaCruz(Correa)

on 4/26/06 2:39 am - Holyoke, MA
Hello Linda I was reading your profile and you have done marvelous I am sure you are very proud of yourself You have a beautiful family God bless you all. I haven't been able to post any pics because of the changes on our site Linda did you get the gastric or lapband?? Really happy for you and your journey.. I will be joining you too.if God permits.. [[HUGS}} Rosa.D.
Maria Finan
on 4/25/06 12:54 pm - Richland, WA
Amber ~ I'm TriWest up here in AK; and I didn't have to show them any weight loss history (surgery was July 2005). All TriWest really cared about when I had my surgery was (1) psych eval and (2) nutritional eval. Best of luck, Maria 272/154/155 - yep 1 pound below goal at less than 10 months out!
Anginette
on 5/8/06 2:18 am - Dale City, VA
RNY on 07/12/06 with
Well Kaiser has there own network of provider's if it is approved it will be done by there provider's it is not often Kaiser let you out of network...and from reading other people profiles i think they require you have a year worth of diet documentation before they will approve your procedure...but if you co-morbidity you may not need that documentation. Kaiser is a challenge. Angie B-(LPN) Reimbursement Analyst
Most Active
Recent Topics
LPN needing support
pennywardell12047 · 0 replies · 260 views
Graduate in December!!
janice2007 · 0 replies · 345 views
Surgery date!!!!
Annie1965 · 0 replies · 324 views
LPN to BSN ?
deniseiannucci · 1 replies · 657 views
LONGING TO BE! :)
SBATTLE · 0 replies · 383 views