Appt with a therapist tomorrow

Brianna
on 6/6/06 4:24 am - Lebanon, PA
I am so excited, my PCP actually listened to my request and called in the authorization to the therapist I located (thanks to you, Amy!! ) I go see her tomorrow at 9 am.. it is about a 45 min drive from where I live, but nothing I am not willing to travel to get the help I need. Thank you all so much for your continued support!! I will let you know what happens
robert
on 6/7/06 3:30 am - gadsden, AL
Good news!! I have been seeing a therapist twice a week for a while and it has helped me out greatly. While I still have pain in my leg it is not as bad as it was before I started. My range of movement is a bit better but not even close to the pre-lyphedema days. IF time permits for you - someone sent this link to me to check out and thought I would pass it on. http://www.lymphedemalighthouse.org/ Their based out of GA but the information might be good for you .
Brianna
on 6/7/06 8:22 am - Lebanon, PA
Robert, I am glad to hear the therapy is working for you. And thanks for the link, it was interesting reading. After meeting with the therapist today, I am hopeful this can be managed now that I have someone who knows what she is doing. I will being therapy 2 X's a week for 3 weeks to start, since my case is relatively mild at this stage, she is hopeful that that will be enough, they will train me on the MDL massage (or is it MLD? I worked all night, and have only slept 1 1/2 hours today, I am wiped out, whichever) and on how to apply the bandages, and she will be fitting me for a compression stocking.. with summer coming, I am not looking forward to that part, but hey, if the pain and swelling decrease, that is all I care about right now. I wish you continued success and relief with your therapy sessions!!
robert
on 6/7/06 9:55 am - gadsden, AL
With a bit of work I would think it should get better for you. MLD (Manual Lymph Drainage) . The wrap while you sleep is important and it is not to hard to learn - but it gets old quick but very much needed to help keep the swelling down, I do it nightly. The Compression stocking - they are waiting till they can get the swelling down a bit, I am sure. They did that for me . I normally do 2 MLD's a day morning and night - you and your therapist will deide on what is right for you .But for me I do one after I take the wrap off in the morning -and then again when the stocking comes off and before the wrap for the night. Good luck
Amy Williams
on 6/7/06 4:29 pm
This is great! I'm so glad you've found someone that knows what they are doing. I really hope that you get help and relief! Amy
Amy Williams
on 6/7/06 4:27 pm
How did it go??? I hope you got some news on what you can do. Amy
Most Active