Abdominal CT

michellemarie
on 4/14/07 1:43 pm - Cheektowaga, NY
Even though I was the subject of a dermatology conference in 2005 based on what happened to my skin (it hardened like elephant skin from the knee to the ankle and 10x15cm ulcers formed on both calves) as a result of misdiagnosis in 2003 and literally 50 doctors looked at me and came to the conclusion that I do have lymphedema, my PCP and mom are pushing for a CT to confirm this...which I should have done by now, but fear and then ins. issues got in the way.  Anyway, I am wondering if anyone else needed a CT to confirm this diagnosis and if so, what was it like?  I heard they make you drink something, then put an IV in you, AND stick contrast up your hind-end...all of which is a little freaky to me cause I don't even show my mom that end, ya know. lol  So if you have any insight with this, please help me out.  Thanks!!! 
Amy Williams
on 5/1/07 5:06 pm
Many times this is NOT an effective way to find out if you have lymphedema and even if they find a blockage or damage to the lymph system there is little if nothing they can do except tell you, you have lympehdema. Most good therapist can tell by sight if you have lymphedema. I've seen people go through the testing to try to see and they later tell me it hurt or was a huge waste of time. It can also make your condition act up if you do in fact have LE. Personally I wouldn't do the test. I would find a therapist in your area and get their professional opinion. You will find that very few doctors know or understand how LE works or how to even treat it.

I've lost over 400 pounds!  
I love helping others, if you have a question just ask!  

Click on a link to read more about my journey:  
My website   My reconstructive photos 

michellemarie
on 5/2/07 2:07 pm - Cheektowaga, NY
Thank you SO MUCH, Amy!  Sincerely, this is more than once that you have helped me out with vital information...I hope I can return the favor somehow someday.  :)
Most Active