LYMPHEDEMA PUMPS

shar S.
on 10/17/07 11:13 pm - Buffalo Grove, IL
I rep a company that sells the pumps. These are gradient and gradual. Insurance usually covers it and we usually take what the insurance company pays. Contact me for further info

Shar

Create Your Own Ticker

Batwingsman
on 10/15/08 3:45 am - Garland, TX
Sorry, but everything I have read, as well as our experienced LE experts on the Men W. Lymphedema Yahoo group, says RUN from pumps  --  they are contraindicated for LE treatment  ..  Regular use of pumps results in the forcing of the excess lymphatic fluid into adjacent healthy tissues, overwhelming the lymphatics in them and thereby speading the LE into those tissues over time ..  In men, it can force it from the upper legs into the genitals, w. disastrous results ..   &:-(... 

The safe and effective treatment for LE is still MLDT massage therapy + compression bandaging  by a trained therapist . 

Frank talk about the DS / "All I ever wanted to be was thin, like that Rolling Stones dude ... "

HW/461 LW/251 GW/189 CW/274 (yep, a DS semi-failure - it happens :-( )

crannerty
on 8/25/09 1:02 am - United Kingdom
I have know of someone who uses a lymphedema pump as part of a multi treatment for lymphedema. They work by putting pressure on the swollen arm or leg and squuezing the fluid out of the area. I beleive that they have to be used every day and are very expensive.

This article goes into more detail about what lymphedema pumps are http://www.lymphedemaadvice.com/lymphedema-pumps/

You need to know if you really need them as the cost is very high. Read up about them before you make a decision
Most Active