A strange condition...does anyone know of this?

lorigood243
on 6/8/10 10:29 pm - sterling, VA
Hello

I had gallbladder surgery 5 years ago and immediately following the surgery the right side of my abdomen started to swell.  It started with 20lbs and now it is 80lbs!  I weigh 430 and my insurance doesnt cover weightloss surgery.  Even if it did i am scared to get cut again with this current condition.

I have been to top doctors at Johns Hopkins and Georgetown hospitals as well as about 25 doctors in different fields and no one knows why or ow to stop it.  When i had 30 pounds a plastic surgeon gave me a big tummy tuck and cut it off but it only grew back with avengence and I got very sick after the surgery.

Any thoughts are appreciated.  They say its not lymphadema, but i thought i would ask you all if you have ever heard of this.

Thank you
Lori
Helen_G
on 6/10/10 9:56 am
Hi Lori,

it sounds awful and i'm sorry you are going through this. Is the mass fatty? Do you have lumps of fat elsewhere....as in lipomas?

The doctor that specializes in fat disorders is Dr Karen Herbst who is in San Diego but I believe she is very helpful to patients all over the country.  Her website is

www.lipomadoc.org

I do hope that you can get some help or advice about your condition.

Helen
(deactivated member)
on 8/3/11 5:12 pm
I think that good information, so I can get a lot of ideas..

burn notice season
ncis season
lorigood243
on 6/10/10 9:58 pm - sterling, VA
Hi Helen

thank you for your reply.  no i dont have them any where else.
its all where my gallbladder was, mostly on the front right, but now pushing to the left. it is so uncomfortable.  but thank you i will visit the site you gave me, maybe they can help!
blessings,
Lori
Most Active