Lymphedema rant.....

jdruski
on 3/4/12 6:21 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hi Ms. Kitty,

I am so glad that the court stuff is over and that you found a new apartment.  Once you are moved in and settlled you can start focusing back on you.  My e-mail address is [email protected].  This way we can take our conversations off of this thread.  I can't imagine not having heat at nights especially in Mass.  I am in Philly and even though this has been a very mild winter it still gets cold at night.  I hate putting the heater on as the bills are huge and being out of work for 7 weeks I want to keep my expenses down. 

I wish you luck with the volumetrics diet.  I never heard of it but I do know when you have WLS they tell you to drink a lo****er 30 minutes before you eat.  I think they call i****er logging.  I know that it sometimes works for me.  Just be careful and make sure that you are eating as healthy as possible, not just for weight sake but also because you need to stay healthy and not have any infections looking for a place to sneek in.

I hope that you e-mail me as I really would like to know why you never pursued the WLS.  I was 470 lbs. when I had mine.  I also have had 3 other surgeries. 

My main focus is to now get back to work and start to chart what I eat.  I am going to do the pouch diet probably at the end of this week.  The timer is ticking and I want to lose at least 70lbs before I get the left knee replaced.  My left leg is the one that has the noticable lymphedma..

Good luck with your move and please drop me a line at the addie above.

Jeanne
Most Active