10kg down 5 days post op, lots of leg pain.

Gillyc
on 12/22/13 5:35 am
DS on 12/17/13

Yeah.  So I know 22 pounds in a week is a lot of water gone.  My legs *hurt*.  Badly.  Kind of want to cry out when I touch them or get out of bed etc.

I don't know that my edema is caused by lymphedema, I hope to god I don't have lipedema because I have no idea how i'd deal with it mentally.

My legs are looking great, no swelling (or almost none), I'm getting in 2 liters liquid a day.

Has anyone else dealt with this?

I'm posting in general as well as lymphedema >.

pram81
on 12/28/13 2:25 pm
VSG on 12/18/13

I am 11 days post-op and my legs are looking great. Just a little swollen compared to what they've been (I have lymphedema.) I'm having a really hard time getting all my liquids in but I've still lost 37lbs! Anyway, my physical therapist said the legs will hurt to the touch because the fat that has accumulated during swelling acts as padding, and now that it's gone, it hurts. It will get better with time, but many of her patients are forever sensitive after weight loss. What surgery did you have? And keep up the good work!!

Gillyc
on 12/28/13 10:58 pm
DS on 12/17/13

Wow,  well that is comforting.  I've had some re-swell in my lower legs but not much at all.  I haven't lost any weight past 12 kg and I think I'm at 12 days out from my duodenal switch.  My lower legs don't hurt as much (still some), but I still have the pain in my thighs.  I think I'm going to ask for them to finally confirm or rule out venous insufficiency because this guessing game sucks even if treatment is similar/the same.

thank you for your response it really helps.  How are you feeling? 37 pounds is crazy.

pram81
on 12/29/13 1:20 pm
VSG on 12/18/13

Oops I didn't see DS at the top of your post lol. I was going to get that, but the surgeon was going away the next week and didn't want to not be here if I needed him. So we started with the Sleeve and I am really hoping I don't have to go back in, but I know there is another option if needed. I feel great. I notice the weight loss in my legs, but I don't really see it anywhere else. It's so weird to get used to this eating regimen. My mind still craves the same things and I feel like I could eat it. I am really trying so hard to stay on track, and so far so good. How about you?

Peggy

Most Active