My sister has lymphedema

jeanewood
on 5/4/06 4:37 pm - Springfield, MO
My sister has lymphedema. On the rare days that her legs are less swollen, she complains of a sick/flu like feeling. Is this typical?.She says that it feels like she has been poisoned and all she can do is urinate. Some times she can not even make it to the bath room it just runs. Jean E
robert
on 5/4/06 11:40 pm - gadsden, AL
I am not trying to scare you but.......I would go see a doctor or hospital and tell them what is going on. I have had that feeling before and to be honest they put me into the hospital for 5 days pumped me full of chemicals to flush me out. I am no doctor so I can not give sound medical advice but I would see a doctor as soon as I can . Problems from lymphedema can be bad if left untreated.I feel the best thing your sister can do for herself is find a good doctor and follow that doctors course of treatment to the letter. It could be nothing at all to worry about but then again it could be. Does she have a normal doctor that treats her Lymphedema if so head to that doctor first if not .... I reckon the hospital then but I would seek medical advice to be on the safe side.
Amy Williams
on 5/6/06 7:22 pm
Jean, She needs medical help. It sounds like she's got cellulitis of the legs, it's an infection and if left untreated can really make her very sick. If she is having burning, redness, or her legs are HOT she needs to get to the ER immediately. It can really do you in. I had cellulitis a few weeks after my WLS and it was so painful. She really needs someone to look at her legs. Once an infection happens then open wounds can start next. Good luck! Amy
Most Active