Recent Posts

robert
on 5/1/06 1:09 am - gadsden, AL
Topic: RE: Camping at French Creek State Park
I quess we need to use this board more and hope others find it.
robert
on 4/30/06 12:13 am - gadsden, AL
Topic: RE: ~I NEED TO VENT~
I hope the doctors/ therapists told you this is a life long fight you will have with lymedema, but you can control it within reason. The massage therapy I assume is Manual Lymphedma Drainage (MLD)- I do MLD myself for my lower left leg twice a day once in the morning before I shower then once again before I wrap my leg for the night. During the day I have to wear a compression stocking to help keep the swelling down.I know how the mornings are after a restful nights sleep and the swelling that happens not to long after awaking for the day. Do you wear any form of support stocking during the day ? Do you have to do any form of wraps for the night time ? I am doing PT twice a week to get more moblie - the therapist I go to tells me that working the muscle helps but dont over do it, so we are building up slowly. Best to ask the doctors and/or therapists how much is enough and work with them to reach the goal your looking for . Good Luck
robert
on 4/29/06 11:52 pm - gadsden, AL
Topic: RE: Camping at French Creek State Park
I check this message board on a daily bases to see if anyone adds anything to it. I have 2nd lymphedema left leg / below the knee to foot. Which causes me problems on a daily bases. Was looking for others with the same problem to see what they do for comfort and found this board and was surprised that it is hardly used at all. Glad you found this board. Welcome aboard
suncarekids
on 4/29/06 10:23 am - Vancouver, WA
Topic: My lymphedema is doing great
I have been working with doctors, therapists since Christmas. No Help. Now I get massage therapy at home 3 times a week, use lumbar belts on upper legs, swim almost daily and use jacuzzi jets to massage legs. The lymphedema is completely gone in the morning after a long night sleep but my legs begin to thicken within hour if not wrapped during the day. Is there anything I can so to keep my legs from filling up? I am having open surgery in June and hope that as my movement increases my lymphedema will decrease. Thanks michel
suncarekids
on 4/29/06 10:18 am - Vancouver, WA
Topic: RE: ~I NEED TO VENT~
I just found it, thanks michel
suncarekids
on 4/29/06 10:16 am - Vancouver, WA
Topic: RE: A friendly lil holla from 1 skinny sistah to another.....................
I contacted social workers. They worked magic, getting me a bariatric wheel chair, meeting me at appointments and taking me on special routes. They really advocated for me and hooked me up with doctors and therapists that understood my issues. In the beginning I did some big fibbing. My doctor noticed I had a high sugar reading in the hospital and logged me as a diabetic, I went through all the classes and have never had to take insulin or anything. I also shared with my doctor my feelings of depression and probably over extended them a bit, and shared my bad times. Which got me into counseling and support classes. I am a very strong woman and am used to sharing my strength and not letting people see the damaged side of me. But this really helped me at getting the support I need. I had my grandpa build me railings out of steel posts and I sit down when I have to. If you want to hear more please e-mail me. michel
suncarekids
on 4/29/06 9:52 am - Vancouver, WA
Topic: RE: All N The Family
I have upper leg lymphodema and am scheduled for surgery this june. It took doctors forever to diagnose me. michel
suncarekids
on 4/29/06 9:48 am - Vancouver, WA
Topic: RE: ObesityHelp Magazine is waiting for you!
Hi sarah, i have lymphedema of the upper right leg, I am using lumbar braces to keep from swelling. I swim almost daily and use the water jets to massage the affected areas. I am scheduled for surgery in june and hope to control my leg so it wont be a compounding problem. thanks michel
Amy Williams
on 4/25/06 11:40 am
Topic: RE: Found snake
I tried to reduce my legs before surgery and because the weight I kept having a lot of swelling. The surgery helped me to maintain my legs to stay down. Amy
robert
on 4/12/06 2:51 am - gadsden, AL
Topic: RE: New To This Board
I am not sure if you even have the same e mail account or not since this post is older but.............. I to have lymphedema in my left leg the swelling is below the knee and I too have had many problems with it being very painful so much in fact I have problems putting weight on it at all. I do better in the mornings right after waking up than later in the day. As the swelling gets worse the pain goes up as well, so I try to limit myself so not to be in pain. I normally Due manual lymph drainage mornign and night , during the day I have a support stocking that I wear and at night I have to wrap it as to keep the swelling done. Which has helped a lot but the problem is still there. I write this to you cause I ahve found this board and would hope get some use out of it. Robert
Most Active