ALONE

SHIRLEY31259
on 7/24/04 12:42 pm - Girard, OH
Hello All, My husband just walked on out the door, the hospital wanted 2,000.00 up front and we fought big time over this. Well we split pretty much for good over it. I had the 2,000.00 prior to our marriage in a bank and used it, he thought it was wrong because it barely left us money for bills. I am so alone, we were close or so I thought... How do I get myself through this I need help. I don't want to cancel. Is there anyone out there who did this all alone (HOW) I cant stop crying... man did he hurt me...what timing....any advice is deeply appreciated. Hugs to all (your the only family I have). Sincerely, Shirley Barnett
kdann11908
on 7/24/04 1:12 pm - Maricopa, AZ
You are doing this for you and no one else. I have my husband to support me doing this and its nice to have someone and understand. I think your husband was not thinking. He was thinking of himself. That money was yours before your married him. You are to do what you want to do with your money. I had a marriage once, divorced from him. He wanted to control me and took the money. You are having this to be healthy and your self estem will be better. If you need anything, just write to us. Good luck.
The-Irish-Lassie
on 7/25/04 3:33 pm - Brazoria, TX
I don't know if this is going to help you or not. Yes, I understand that you had this money before you were married. However, when you got married that changed everything!!!! I am not saying that you don't deserve to have this surgery. I felt as if my life was going to be over before long if I didn't have it. I don't agree with the first response you got. There is no longer "yours" and "his". You took vows before God and your family and friends. You even said yourself that it left you little to no money to pay bills. God will make a way for you to do anything if it is His will. With that being said, it will also happen in His time and not ours. We or I find myself trying to help God along because it is not happening fast enough. I don't know your situation as well as you do. I can tell you that if you are doing this...it is not just for you. Nor, will it affect just you. If you have this surgery and it improves your life to the expectations that you have...Who will you spend that life with? You feel you are all alone. God is always with you and know that you are never alone. Sit back and think of the reasons that you got married in the first place. With a lot of prayer, you can find your way back to each other. There is a middle ground in all of this you just have to find. Is it possible that you could pay half now and the rest in payments? Is there some adjustments that you could make in your budget? You seem to be level headed or you wouldn't have been able to save the 2,000.00 that you have. The best advice I can give you is to save your married at all cost. The rest will fall into place, as long as you put your faith in God. Shannon The Irish Lassie 266/196/140
Kori
on 7/27/04 1:20 pm - Westminster, CO
It is a medically necessary surgery, not elective, the Hospital will take payments and still do the surgery. I went thru the same thing.. Mine was only 600.00 but. I think if its medically necessary, which it is, they can't turn you away because of money.. Unless it is a private hospital, if so change hospitals or surgeons.. Also if your husband is so quick to walk out, maybe there is underlying issues?? I am an atheist so I believe we make our own fate.. Good luck hunny, we deserve it.. Korianne
Candy K.
on 8/11/04 3:09 am - detroit, MI
Shirley,I agree with Kathy.Your husband was wrong...because you had that money BEFORE you took your vows and I'm guessing that he knew what you were saving that money for..am I right? what is more important to him any way..the money..or you well being ? I hope everything works out for you.Keep in touch~Ms.Mary
FCTLH23
on 12/20/04 9:24 am - Fountain Inn, SC
Shirley I agree with the lady who is tellingl you that it is no longer yours, it is you and your husband. If you get the surgery and have it w/o your husband there will you still be alone? I believe you would say that you will still be alone, there are other options as far as making pmts, look into those other options, save your marriage. What God has ordained let no man put asunder. Find that middle ground. God Bless and I will be praying for you
Jenna B.
on 1/28/05 6:18 am - Tyngsboro, MA
I'm with Koriann on thinking that if he was so quick to leave that there must be other issues besides the money. The program I went though had wonderful support groups does your program have any? As for going through this surgery alone, if you have a good support group you may find a few people to go through the process with. I was lucky to have met 2 women who's surgeries were about a week apart from mine and we've become pretty good friends. This surgery should be all about you getting healthy. Good luck! **Hugs** ~Jenna
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone around?!
Just Valena · 2 replies · 374 views
Nuvaring
Cruise Director Julie · 0 replies · 807 views
Unhappy Husband
N I. · 8 replies · 555 views
responding to my mother-in-law
Jennifer P. · 9 replies · 743 views