I AM ABSOLUTELY LIVID !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Loriann J.
on 2/20/05 3:43 pm
I am absolutely livid !!!!! I had my profile spruced up by a OH volunteer. Now my profile page is being used on a website for a Surgical Clinic that I have never been to. According to the website...the OH volunteer gave them the profile. This is absolutely absurd !!!!!!! Has this happened to anyone else ? I ran my name through a Yahoo search and the Surgical Center link came up. I have never been to this place or had anything to do with it ! I am so angry with the person from OH that spruced up my profile !!!
MagickalMom
on 2/27/05 11:28 am - Joint Base Lewis McChord, WA
I find it very hard to believe that an OH volunteer would do something like that. (I am not accusing you of any wrong doing, I think the surgical clinic is wrong for ever linking themself to it in the first place.) I would definitly contact the HTML team and one of the OH moderators ASAP. I went to your profile but it is blank. What happened to it? HTH! Brightest Blessings for a Wonderful Day~ Jamie M. aka Lady Autumn Weight- 257/220/146 BMI- 44.1/37.8/25 Height- 5' 4" lbs lost: -37 Surgery Date: 1/19/05 My WLS Journey Site: home.bellsouth.net/p/PWP-LadyAutumnsWLSjourney No matter what size, we are all Goddesses inside!
Loriann J.
on 2/27/05 11:34 am
Hello Lady Autumn, Thank you for your advice. I did contact OH and the situation was handled. Obesity Help owns the Surgical Centers website, along with many others. They also own everything that is put on OH website. My profile was deleted by me. I thought that my info was safe because the site is password protected...but I was wrong. I am an in-person Support Group leader trained by OH and no where in the training were we told that OH owns the info we put in our profiles. I am so disappointed with OH. Wishing you a very blessed WLS Journey, Loriann
MagickalMom
on 2/27/05 11:43 am - Joint Base Lewis McChord, WA
Ahhhhh.... I see! I totally understand your frusteration! Goodness I hope something like that would not happen to my profile since I agreed with the graphics designer who made my graphics) to not allow anyone else especially "for profit" companies to use my profile for gain. WOW! Brightest Blessings for a Wonderful Day~ Jamie M. aka Lady Autumn Weight- 257/220/146 BMI- 44.1/37.8/25 Height- 5' 4" lbs lost: -37 Surgery Date: 1/19/05 My WLS Journey Site: home.bellsouth.net/p/PWP-LadyAutumnsWLSjourney No matter what size, we are all Goddesses inside!
Sherri O.
on 2/28/05 8:05 am - Jonesborough, TN
Loriann I've been trying to contact you via email to work with you on your situation. Please email me at [email protected] Sherri Carver ObesityHelp Web Services Manager
(deactivated member)
on 9/23/05 2:13 pm
Sherri, I am concerned about my profile as well. How can OH be allowed to put my profile on someone else's website without my permission?? Please contact me. I am very, very concerned! Sincerely, Heather Hudson
(deactivated member)
on 9/23/05 2:10 pm
Mine is on Arizona Bariatrics and I have NEVER even been to their site. So, is that how they get our profile? The person from OH that spruced it up gave it to them???? How is that legal????????????
Loriann J.
on 9/23/05 2:56 pm
OH owns every word that is put on OH, as I have found out. OH also owns and runs many centers and clinics for obesity. Seems to me, this is information that we should have been clearly given before we posted our information profiles.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone around?!
Just Valena · 2 replies · 374 views
Nuvaring
Cruise Director Julie · 0 replies · 805 views
Unhappy Husband
N I. · 8 replies · 555 views
responding to my mother-in-law
Jennifer P. · 9 replies · 741 views