Back in Taekwondo

lisageo
on 2/20/05 2:20 am - Murfreesboro, TN
We started back in Taekwondo on January 31st. I am so glad we did! I missed it a lot. My children and I are green belts and my husband is brown belt. I no longer fit in my TKD uniform. I can wear my DH uniform. How cool is that? I fit in 5 now, not an 8. Taekwondo uniforms are different than regular clothes sizes. In regular clothes, I am in an 16/18 versus 22/24. That is cool too. I have lost some flexability but I am gettting there. I have started physical therapy now, so I hope that will help too on my back. Lisa 279/190/150
MagickalMom
on 2/27/05 11:34 am - Joint Base Lewis McChord, WA
CONGRATZ! I can't wait to start myself! Doc says I have to wait 2 more weeks though. I guess he heard I have a tendancy to overdo things! LOL! Brightest Blessings for a Wonderful Day~ Jamie M. aka Lady Autumn Weight- 257/220/146 BMI- 44.1/37.8/25 Height- 5' 4" lbs lost: -37 Surgery Date: 1/19/05 My WLS Journey Site: home.bellsouth.net/p/PWP-LadyAutumnsWLSjourney No matter what size, we are all Goddesses inside!
lisageo
on 2/27/05 11:55 am - Murfreesboro, TN
you will get there soon enough. I started Taekwondo in June 2003 and had to take off in Sept 2004. I am so glad I went back. Lisa 279/189/150
SherrieD
on 3/1/05 6:51 am - Springfield, MO
WOW!!! Lisa Great to hear!!! Your family sounds like mine... My oldest daughter is a 1st degree black belt as is my hubby, and my youngest daughter is a white belt, and I just started back myself, as high green but working out in the white and yellow until I build back up!!!! Congratulations on starting back and good luck on getting back some of that flexability, I know in time it will get better for you. Sherrie -70 lbs. 10.12.04 Start of my new healthier life!
SherrieD
on 5/7/05 6:19 am - Springfield, MO
Hi Lisa, That is so funny about the TKD sizes... I was also in an 8 (w/the legs so long) and now I can also wear my hubby's 5's LOL. I have started back in TKD and I've been working out in the white and yellow belt classes so far w/my 6 yr old daughter, waiting for her to back up to high green so we can start testing together. My hubby and oldest daughter (11 yrs) are both 1st degree black belts. My oldest has been doing TKD since she was 5 and loves it. She will be going to New Orleans this summer to compete in the Jr. Olympics in TKD, this will be her 2nd year at the JRO's. I hope you have found some of your flexability is coming back!!! SherrieD 10.12.04 Start of my new healthier life! 278/195/???
Most Active
Recent Topics
Akido or Ju Jitsu
nursevil · 0 replies · 328 views
Awesome Board
Xavier Smith · 1 replies · 302 views
TKD withdraws
~Beautiful Dreamer~ · 2 replies · 329 views