Just call me TKD Momma!

MagickalMom
on 3/11/05 5:33 am - Joint Base Lewis McChord, WA
LOL! I am so happy! I started TKD this week and BOY is that a workout! It looks so easy but it is far from that! Even though I am only a white belt my instructor is allowing me to take the novice class (yellow and gree belts) since my son is in that class. THANK GOODNESS too, since gas prices just keep rising. I would hate to have to drive there twice a day! LOL! I had a alot of fun and I already have most of the things I need down for yellow belt testing so hopefully in a month they will let me test. Until then I am working up a sweat and loving it! Anyone got some tips on how to improve my balance/foot movements? I am having a tough time rotating my foot when I need to for turning kicks. I have plantar facitis so it makes doing foot thinks kinda difficult. Luckily the pain has pretty much disappeared with the 40+ lbs I have lost so far! Brightest Blessings for a Wonderful Day~ Jamie M. aka Lady Autumn Weight- 257/215/146 BMI- 44.1/36.9/25 Height- 5' 4" lbs lost: -42 Open RNY: 1/19/05 My WLS Journey Site: home.bellsouth.net/p/PWP-LadyAutumnsWLSjourney No matter what size, we are all Goddesses inside!
lisageo
on 3/13/05 11:50 am - Murfreesboro, TN
Congradulations on the weight loss! I don't have answers about the heel spur but I can relate to that. I had that problem and had surgery on my right foot before my WLS. I can tell you this that my feet has not hurt since. I was needing surgery on my left foot because it had a heel spur too but it doesn't hurt now. Taekwondo is fun isn't it? And you are right, it is not as easy as it looks. Those turning back kicks can be tough especially with foot pain but you are right, it does get easier when you lose weight. As least for me it has. I have lost some flexability but I continue to get better. My children and I hope to test for our blue belts in April. Keep up the good work! Lisa 279/187/150
MagickalMom
on 3/13/05 12:25 pm - Joint Base Lewis McChord, WA
Thanks for the support. I think why I am having problems is that since I have had foot problems for so many years, I have learned to balance most of my weight on the front part of my foot. For most of these turning kicks my weight needs to be on the back so my foot and pivot! LOL! Brightest Blessings for a Wonderful Day~ Jamie M. aka Lady Autumn Weight- 257/215/146 BMI- 44.1/36.9/25 Height- 5' 4" lbs lost: -42 Open RNY: 1/19/05 My WLS Journey Site: home.bellsouth.net/p/PWP-LadyAutumnsWLSjourney No matter what size, we are all Goddesses inside!
SherrieD
on 5/7/05 6:10 am - Springfield, MO
Hello Jamie M. aka Lady Autumn How is that balance working for you....? My only suggestion is to not lock out that suport leg when you lock your knee out it will make you unstable, seems like it wouldnt but is can make a big difference. I hope your still having fun in TKD and push your self all the way to black belt. Both my hubby and oldest daughter (11) are 1st degree black belts and my youngest daughter is a low yellow, I'm at high green and have been holding back for my yougest so we can test together like my hubby and oldest daughter have done over the years. My oldest daughter is going to New Orleans this summer to complete in the Jr. Olymics in TKD, this will be her 2nd year competing in the Jr. O's and she loves TKD and all martial arts for the most part. Keep up the great work and remember keep on kick'n. Good Luck!! SherrieD High Green Belt 10.12.04 start of my new healthier life! 278/195/???
MagickalMom
on 5/8/05 4:38 am - Joint Base Lewis McChord, WA
That is awesome! It sounds like your whole family is into TKD as much as ours! Yeah I am finally getting the balance ting down, it has taken at lot of hours on the "dummy" and using tension cords to really get me to focus on more than one part of my body at a time. LOL! All three of us test for our next belt this month! I am so excited and scared all at one time! Brightest Blessings for a Wonderful Day~ Jamie M. aka Lady Autumn Weight- 257/189/146 BMI- 44.1/32.4/25 Height- 5'4" Total Weight Loss: -68 lbs. Surgery Date- 1/19/05 Visit my OH profile or stop by My Weight Loss Journey Website at: home.bellsouth.net/p/PWP-LadyAutumnsWLSjourney
Most Active
Recent Topics
Akido or Ju Jitsu
nursevil · 0 replies · 329 views
Awesome Board
Xavier Smith · 1 replies · 302 views
TKD withdraws
~Beautiful Dreamer~ · 2 replies · 329 views