Any Judoka?

(deactivated member)
on 4/30/05 12:22 am - Western New York, NY
Hello... I was just wondering if anyone here practiced Judo? I got my yellow belt a few years ago, but after I gained too much weight I stopped going. My gi doesn't even wrap around my body anymore. I miss it terribly, but am too embarassed to go bac****il I feel like I'm at more of a healthy weight again. I am just curious to know if you had the surgery...how long it was before you could practice Judo. I think was worries me most is getting tossed around (literally) and hurting or disturbing something inside!
SherrieD
on 5/7/05 6:14 am - Springfield, MO
I was at my 3 month point when my Dr. gave me the green light to weight lifting and okay to get back into Tae Kwon Do. But like the other post I would just let you instructor know you have had a major surgery and will have to start light/slow and work up to 100% full on work outs. I know my instructor works with us on our level, so if we have an injury or have been out for a while we dont kill our self on the road back to full speed. Wish you the Best of Luck! SherrieD 278/195/??? 10.12.04 Start of my new healthier life!
kevphill
on 9/27/05 10:18 am - MI
Ous!!! I am I am I am!!! I went back at about four months on a light work out. and at about 6 months I did my first break falls and took a couple throws. Now, as you lose weight your ribs will stick out more and they can get pulled and poked pretty good especially on seionage so be careful at first. Take it slow. kp @ goal
GARLAND P.
on 10/8/05 2:44 pm - CHICAGO, IL
i practice jui jitsu and we do lots of throws we also randori. i worked out 2 months after surgery.
Judo_val
on 10/23/05 7:28 am - Carrollton, GA
I'm a Judo player in Atlanta- working out in Carrollton now at the West GA Judo Club. I used to compete a lot when I was younger (and smaller) and would really like to get back into national level competition... maybe even international again I gained a lot of weight because of illness and can no longer just run more, eat less, more judo to lose weight. I'm hoping to have a RNY in December and be training by next summer. It's good to know there are some people doing Judo here! When I lived in France it was on TV at night, and gis were sold at any sporting goods store; here, people usually ask me to break boards when I say I play Judo... ;) Anyway, good to know you're here! Valarie
GARLAND P.
on 11/13/05 1:47 pm - CHICAGO, IL
I DO JUI JITSU AND WE ALSO DO ALOT OF JUDO THROWS. I WAS TRAINING 1 MONTH AFTER SURGERY WWW.PICTURETRAIL.COM/HAMMONDB333
Anja975
on 5/12/09 1:34 pm - Belgrade, Serbia & Montenegro
J love judo,J am blue belt,J hope to get back to practicing after the surgery.Hope to get to the national level again.:))
Most Active
Recent Topics
Akido or Ju Jitsu
nursevil · 0 replies · 328 views
Awesome Board
Xavier Smith · 1 replies · 302 views
TKD withdraws
~Beautiful Dreamer~ · 2 replies · 329 views