Addicted to TKD

aaz123
on 6/8/05 9:45 am - Waseca, MN
Hey there! I started TKD about a year ago and I cannot believe how hooked I got on it. We have classes 3 days a week and I want more! I go to every class that is open. So I said all that just to say, if you have info to share or just want to chat martial arts, feel free to email me!
lisageo
on 6/21/05 12:07 pm - Murfreesboro, TN
Yes! I love TKD! Our whole family are in it. My children Ashley, Calvin, Timmy and I are blue belts, Robert, and Allan are green belts, and my husband is brown/red stripe. We test for our next belt July 9th. We have been in TKD since June 2003. My children and my self started as white belts and my husband started as green belt (he has done this before). We took a 4 month break right before my surgery and started back in January 30th of this year. I used to weigh 293 when I first started TKD. I was in size 8 uniform. I am a size 5 now, same size as my husband. I have a lot more energy now and I still enjoyed it then. It helped me to lose 14 lbs before I saw my surgeon. I am glad to hear from other TKD people out there! Keep up the great work! Lisa 279/159/150
aaz123
on 6/22/05 9:17 am - Waseca, MN
Hey Lisa! It was great to hear from you! I started TKD about 2 years after my surgery. It has helped to stay within my weight limit. I lost 125 lbs with my RNY surgery. I still have alot of extra skin and after working at this for over a year I think that will be something I will have to live with. I started TKD for myself and am a green belt now. My youngest son (age 8) has now started to attend with me. My older son (age 15) does not have an interest in this at all. My husband is very supportive but does not attend classes with us. He does help me practice by holding the boards at home when I practice breaking. I will probably be a green belt for a while though. I am having trouble getting myself off the floor far enough for tornado kicks. I don't think I do too bad for being 37 years old! haha. I have noticed a great improvement of skill since I first started and that feels great. As long as I keep improving it doesn't matter what color my belt it. I really enjoy every part of the classes (even the hardest workouts!). I have entered a couple of tournaments in forms and have not done too badly. My goal is to improve in sparring skills right now. And am also looking to buy my own sparring gear. The class that I go to is more like a family. We sometimes have a class as diversified as ages two to 65. We do not go to different rooms so my son and I work out together. Although I do not have to worry about taking care of him while we are there because the others in class help him more often than I do. Well I think that is all I will write for now. I really enjoyed hearing from you. Feel free to keep responding. Tell me about your classes and family. And keep up the great work!!! Hi-Ya!!
MagickalMom
on 6/28/05 7:44 am - Joint Base Lewis McChord, WA
If you are looking for sparring gear I bought mine really cheap on eBay! LOL! I got my kicks and punches for $20 for the set. It took some browsing and som waiting but I finally found a gently used set for practically nothing. Better than spending $30 each if you know what I mean! LOL! Off to TKD right now.... KIAP! Brightest Blessings for a Wonderful Day~ Jamie M. aka Lady Autumn Weight- 257/173/146 BMI- 44.1/29.7/25 Height- 5'4" Total Weight Loss: -84 lbs. Surgery Date- 1/19/05 Visit my OH profile or stop by My Weight Loss Journey Website at: home.bellsouth.net/p/PWP-LadyAutumnsWLSjourney
MagickalMom
on 6/28/05 7:41 am - Joint Base Lewis McChord, WA
Yeah, so is my whole family! LOL! We belong to a studio here in Clarksville, TN and we all go as a family and we just have a blast. Not to mention it is great exercise! Whoo-hoooo!!! Brightest Blessings for a Wonderful Day~ Jamie M. aka Lady Autumn Weight- 257/173/146 BMI- 44.1/29.7/25 Height- 5'4" Total Weight Loss: -84 lbs. Surgery Date- 1/19/05 Visit my OH profile or stop by My Weight Loss Journey Website at: home.bellsouth.net/p/PWP-LadyAutumnsWLSjourney
SherrieD
on 8/10/05 9:31 am - Springfield, MO
Hello Arnise, I'm glad to see new people on this board! I stop by every so often to see whats been going on. I love to hear when people have found the fantastic fun of TKD!!! We to are TKD people. Best of Luck in your up coming tests for rank and keep on kickin' SherrieD 10.12.04 278/183/???
Most Active
Recent Topics
Akido or Ju Jitsu
nursevil · 0 replies · 328 views
Awesome Board
Xavier Smith · 1 replies · 301 views
TKD withdraws
~Beautiful Dreamer~ · 2 replies · 329 views