Hello

Shinobis
on 7/12/05 9:50 pm - Kingston, PA
I too was stuck in one forum and looked to my left and low and behold there was a martial arts forum. Well I have been in the martial arts since ten starting off with Tae Kwon Do, then at the age of 13 started Shotokan Karate. I carried that on till I was about 24, and a Black Belt. Then I was introduced to Ninjutsu (Budo Taijitsu) with a student of Stephen Hayes. Fell in love with it and to this day I go to his dojo and we walk through techniques. I was surprised at 590 I was still able to demonstrate a techniques and roll (yes a back shoulder roll) out of it. Just proved how much I love it. I am pre-op and will be having the surgery August 8th. I cant wait till I have the ok to return so I can finally move through the ranks and maybe one day return to teaching it. Thanks for listening Richard
Kimberly R.
on 7/18/05 2:02 pm - Arvada, CO
Dear Richard Pacheco, I saw your post and wanted to wish you the best of luck and many blessings on the 8th! I am 17 months post weight loss surgery (WLS) and it is the best thing I have ever done for myself, outside of taking karate! I have been taking Kenpo for almost 9 months and love it. By the way don't try the shoulder roll until your surgeon tells you its O.K. again. Peace, [email protected]
SherrieD
on 8/10/05 9:35 am - Springfield, MO
Richard I hope all went well with our WLS and that you are on the road to a great future in martial arts!!! I know that TKD has helped my family and it is a big part of our life. Best Wishes SherrieD High Green Belt 10.12.04 278/183/???
MagickalMom
on 8/14/05 1:42 am - Joint Base Lewis McChord, WA
Oh Richard--- Welcome to the boards and I hope that you are recovering well! I love Martial Arts more than I ever thought I would. It has helped me body, mind, and spirit through this weight loss journey. I feel so empowered once that uniform goes on and I am getting in a good workout. I love it. I am in TKD and I am a 4th degree yellow belt and I only started in April of this year. (That is about when I was well enough, or the abs were, to start TKD.) Anyways, we make it a family afffair... hubby and son are both 3rd degree yellows but they have been doing this for over a year. Between the military and school obligations they can't move up as fast. I practice everyday as a form of cardio and strength training so I am lucky! Good luck with the recovery and the return to your gym! With as much enthusism as I detected in your post, you will be a black or red collar before too long! Brightest Blessings for a Wonderful Day~ Jamie M. aka Lady Autumn Weight- 257/164/146 BMI- 44.1/28.2/25 Height- 5'4" Total Weight Loss: -93 lbs. Surgery Date- 1/19/05 Visit my OH profile or stop by My Weight Loss Journey Website at: home.bellsouth.net/p/PWP-LadyAutumnsWLSjourney Visit my Live Journal at: livejournal.com/users/magickalmom
Shinobis
on 10/1/05 9:34 am - Kingston, PA
Well due to a misplaced staple, I ended up in the hospital for a month and home with PT and visiting nurse to nurse an open wound. Well I have set a goal for to weeks from today to return to work and some normal activities. So the question at hand, maybe should be another post how long till I can return to practice even if its the minimal training?
Most Active
Recent Topics
Akido or Ju Jitsu
nursevil · 0 replies · 328 views
Awesome Board
Xavier Smith · 1 replies · 302 views
TKD withdraws
~Beautiful Dreamer~ · 2 replies · 329 views