Help Martial Artists!!!!

(deactivated member)
on 12/23/05 12:46 am - Western New York, NY
I am looking into starting Tae Kwon Do with my sister-in-law after the holidays and I've found 2 potential schools that I want to check out. My questions are: 1. What is the average cost of attending a Tae Kwon Do or Karate school? I took Judo at a small school and it was really cheap ($5 a class). But it seems like these bigger schools are a bit more $$. 2. Did you have any problems working out in martial arts as a post-op? Thanks so much in advance! I'm off to do some last minute x-mas shopping, so I'll check my responses when I get home!
MikeB
on 1/3/06 3:52 am - Pottstown, PA
Hello Lisa, I would say If your loking to do TKD and have a couple of places that you're looking into You should see if they have an intrductory program. And see if you like it. You'll need to find out if they require you to attend a minimu amount of classes or is it unlimited. You might go there and decide that TKD isn't for you. Look in your phone book and see what other arts are offered in your area. As for the workinh out as a post op I started training in Kenpo when I was 534lbs. By the time my surgery rolled around I was a green belt. I went back to training 6 weeks after my surgery taking it easy and I'm on track to test for my Black belt in July. I would say that if you like the school and like their philosophy then that is where you should be. P.S expect to pay in the $75-$120 a month range. Mike dos7/6/2004 wt534 current wt 231
Most Active
Recent Topics
Akido or Ju Jitsu
nursevil · 0 replies · 328 views
Awesome Board
Xavier Smith · 1 replies · 301 views
TKD withdraws
~Beautiful Dreamer~ · 2 replies · 329 views