Yoo Hoo... any MT's out there?

Angela B.
on 5/9/05 2:36 pm - Jones, OK
I'm a RN massage therapist... pre-op RNY. (Don't have exact date and time, but in two weeks I'll be on the downhill side!) I'm so delighted to be a MT, but hate the sweating I do as a fat person. Any MTs that have gone from heavy to lite have any words of encouragement or wisdom for me? Angela in Oklahoma
Larry B.
on 5/15/05 1:47 am - Fenton, MO
Hi Angela, Yes I'm a LMT in St. Louis Area. Have been for three years. My date is set for 6/10/05. I sweat like #$@^% when in session. If I run the fan I worry about client comfort. I can't wait to lose the weight. I do most of my work from a rolling stool. I also love being a MT. I retired for the TELCO after 33 years and started a new career. Hope All goes well for you. Larry Blunt
poohbillie
on 5/23/05 6:10 am - Anniston, AL
Hi, I'm also an MT, and agree about the sweating thing. I had surgery on 03/28/05, and have lost 50 lbs. I still sweat but it is nothing compared to 50 lbs ago. I love massage therapy. It relaxes me almost as much as it does my clients. I think going to school and having surgery were two of the best things I have ever done for myself. Good luck, Billie
Angela B.
on 5/26/05 9:18 pm - Jones, OK
Hi Billie! I'm post-op now. Anxious to know how my strength will return... Right now my belly is so bloated that I'd smother someone on the table if I stood at the head and worked on their abs! But, you seem to be working 8 weeks out. What kind of schedule did you use to work up to where you are now? I was up to 4 or 5 hours a day, one day a week. (Still doing my other job - Registered Nurse) I'm thinking at about week 3 I may start back with an hour long massage trade-out. Angela
Kim P.
on 6/13/05 6:55 am - Manville, NJ
Hi Angela, I was told I would be able to resume working at 2 weeks out. So I am scheduled a 2 week vacation on my planner and I intend to be back up and working 14 days later. My surgery is scheduled for June 21st. Kim
BABYRUTH
on 6/16/05 2:22 am - TALLAHASSEE, FL
ANGELA, I AM A LPN AND LMT. ALTHOUGH I HAVE NOT GONE BACK TO WORK, I DO FEEL MUCH BETTER HAVING LOST 7OLBS. I HAVE ANEMIA AND THIS HAS SLOWED MY RETURN TO WORK DOWN. BUT I AM WORKING ON MY FAMILY TRYING TO BUILD UP MY STRENGTH. YOU WILL DO JUST FINE. AND YOU WILL NOTICE A CHANGE IN YOUR SWEATING ONCE YOU HAVE THE SURGERY.... HAVE A BLESSED DAY... R.B
long22
on 12/13/05 10:31 am - virginia beach, VA
Hi Angela, I have been a MT for 15 years. My story is long. I want to tell you the sweating is good. I wear a headband to help with the "drips". If you are using proper body mechanics , this will help so much. Especially, deep breathing( no loud breathing sounds). I use to teach at the Cayce Reilly School of Massotherapy in Virginia Beach. I hope to return to work there after I have the surgery. My date is Feb. 8th.2006. I use to have several clients that Preferred me on the heavy side. Being they were a bit heavy too. Then I lost 90 lbs. (years ago) and they seemed to feel a bit shy when I was thinner. I got pregnant and just started putting on the pounds again. Now , I 'm so big , I can't work... Arthritis. The surgery will save my life. Keep up the GREAT WORK ANGELA- Don't SWEAT the small stuff! Rachel in VA Beach.
jklovegood
on 10/18/08 2:08 pm - Stockton, CA
I know this is an older thread, but I thought I'd respond anyway...
I'm in school to become a CMT!  I'm actually taking this module (Swedish) off to have surgery (VSG 10-22-08).  This would have been my 4th mod. out of 6 (each mod. is 6 weeks).  I love massage!  but I too hate the sweaty part.  hopefully it will get easier as I start to loose weight in the coming months.  I can't wait to get back to school for the Deep Tissue mod. and see everyone again and dig some elbows into some scaps HAHA
NURABD
on 8/21/10 9:33 am - Oklahoma City, OK

Dear JKLovegood,
  Hope you're doing well in your wt loss as well as massage therapy!  Sorry I'm 2 years behind in checking messages... 
Angela

Most Active
Recent Topics