MT as pre&post op adjunct to strenght & healing

Angela B.
on 5/26/05 9:31 pm - Jones, OK
My doctor agreed that massage therapists could work on me in the hospital. Wow! I really felt very supported... feet and leg work 8 hours after surgery and then neck/upper back, hand and arm work on the next day really helped my comfort. (Arm without the IV, or course!) Circulation wasn't hurt either! Very light effleurage on the clothed belly was good both days and I've continued with that activity myself. Although I believe walking/activity is key to recovery - comfort and touch are helpful in promoting self care and I believe I'm better now that I've been touched by a couple of MT angels! Thanks to Praxis College of Massage, Oklahoma, for offering students the opportunity to work on a hospitalized therapist - they say they found the experience scary, enlightening, and gratifying. As a RN MT, I found the students well prepared to plan and execute a massage on a post-op client. I encourage you to be involved in helping other bariatric patients post-op - our visability in the hospital environment elevates us all! Angela in Oklahoma
Most Active
Recent Topics