MedQuist

Patience
on 5/10/06 12:42 am - Lancaster, VA
anyone out there work for MedQuist. Would like to talk. Patience
PhunkyMama
on 5/14/06 11:04 pm - westerly, RI
I don't work for medquist, but I seriously considered it about 6 months ago. A message board that I used to belong to bashed them pretty good when I mentioned it so I didn't end up taking the job. They have been emailing me ever since to give me a position...I'm still wondering if I should just try it or not. I'll be interested to see what other people have to say :)
QTPii
on 2/9/09 2:13 pm, edited 2/9/09 2:14 pm - Houston, TX
After trying to get an a position with MedQuist for months, I finally get hired.  I wanted a part-time position working 16 hours a week.  It had to be flexible as I already work full-time during the day.  They demanded I work at least 24 hours a week on a very rigid schedule.  I went through all the testing.  I went through what I consider to be extensive training on their software.  I worked for about two weeks, including training.  I spent what I consider to be an extensive amount of my time looking up database information on patients and doctors.  Things you do not get paid for.  There was very little mercy even for a newbie.  I finally told them the job was not for me.  I am still getting emails with their little hate notes to the transcriptionists as a whole.  Stuff like if you are skipping jobs you will be caught and the consequences are severe!  If your paycheck is wrong it is your own fault for not filling out the online software correctly.  There are too many errors from the group as a whole.  They are always behind and pushing, pushing, pushing the transcriptionists to produce.  They are very CORPORATE.  I don't recommend them and I have over 21 years experience as a medical transcriptionist.  That said, I still have not found a company willing to hire me part-time with flexible hours.  By the way, it took literally months to complete the hire process.
QTPii
smith000
on 3/6/11 2:16 am - MO
I so agree with the two posts above.  I have been a transcriptionist for 20 years, and MedQuist has ruined my life.  My pay was cut in half as soon as I was outsourced to them from the hospital where I had been a dedicated employee for 10 years.  Now, with the institution of speech-recognition, our pay is further cut by 30%, and I am producing less, because it takes so long to sift through the mess of gibberish that the system spits out.  This company has no idea what we do.  The hospitals should never have decided to outsource.  The reports come back to the doctors full of errors and often late.  MedQuist doesn't catch the backlog until its critical, and then sends out an SOS to us.  When we all worked directly for the hospitals, we recognized this situation for ourselves, and jumped into action.  Now, our hands are tied.  The pay sucks, I am losing my home that I worked all my life to get.  I can't afford groceries.  I have finally landed a job in a factory part-time, so that I can supplement my MedQuist job.  It is a shame that all my years of experience have meant nothing to MedQuist.  They have never given me a raise in the entire 10 years that I have been with them.  In fact, my salary is lower than it was when I was first with them.  I hope the people at the top of MedQuist, plus most of the supervisors, find themselves in my situation someday.  They deserve all the worst!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Introduction with question.
KellyJTn · 0 replies · 394 views
Penn Foster?
maryjones1 · 0 replies · 791 views
DO NOT GO TO WORK FOR SPHERIS
NCMT · 3 replies · 527 views
Second hand career step books
agoodman · 5 replies · 1022 views