can anyone tell me what grammer/punctuation errors im making- my school said i have like 5...

awesomesis6
on 2/10/07 1:27 am
OPERATIVE PREOPERATIVE DIAGNOSIS: Malfunction of the pacemaker generator. POSTOPERATIVE DIAGNOSIS: Same procedure, changed a replacement of pacemaker generator. TECHNIQUE: A new CPI was connected to the leads and was replaced into the pouch. This patient lying on the supine position, I.V. running, and the sedation given by the Anesthesiologists. The right upper chest, neck, and shoulder were prepped with Betadine and suitably draped. Patient was given a gram of Ancef or Kefzol I.V. preopertably. The scan on subcutaneous tissues under the old scar were infiltrated with 1% Xylocaine and an incision was made through the old scar. The pacemaker generator palates were opened and the generator enucleated and detached from the leads. The leads were tested and the various characteristics capture resistance and sensitivity were satisfactory for a chronic lead placement. A new CPI (Astra bipolar generator) was selected, model 639 was connected to the leads and was working satisfactorily. It was replaced into the pouch and the pouch closed using running 3-0 Vicryl on the subcutaneous tissues and running subcuticular portal Vicryl on the skin with half-inch Steri-Strips.
TheReclusiveOne
on 3/17/07 9:46 am
Not that I'm an expert, but I do see a couple things. It's lying in the supine position, not on. That sentence also is not a complete sentence either. I get in trouble if I don't make it a complete sentence myself. Maybe try, "The patient is or was lying in the supine position, etc." Preoperatively is spelled preopertably in your report. On "The scan on subcutaneous tissues..." shouldn't that be was instead of were? Also, does the last sentence in that paragraph even make sense? It doesn't sound like it, but then I don't do this type of surgery. Hope that was some help. Have no idea what else could be wrong. Good luck!
k3mom
on 5/11/07 8:20 am
Hi Sandra, I was doing research for a lesson and came upon this web site. At the present time I am taking an online MT course and this is the lesson I am transcribing. What school are you taking your course through? How did you do on the resubmission? I passed the first assignment, but waiting on the second to be graded. Good Luck. Jeanette Lynch
Most Active
Recent Topics
Introduction with question.
KellyJTn · 0 replies · 394 views
Penn Foster?
maryjones1 · 0 replies · 793 views
DO NOT GO TO WORK FOR SPHERIS
NCMT · 3 replies · 528 views
Second hand career step books
agoodman · 5 replies · 1045 views