Looking for a career...

Iisashes
on 9/27/05 7:00 am - Omaha, NE
I've been looking into enrolling at the local community college (Metro). I am completely at a loss, I have no idea what i want to major in! Lately I've come across several articles about medical transcription, and I've been thinking it sounds like something right up my alley. I was just wondering if anyone had some tips, advice, et****ep hearing it's difficult to get a job at first, anybody want to be my connection? LOL Any help would be greatly appreciated, I don't really know anybody in my area so it's hard for me to figure things like this out. Ashes
dellismt
on 4/17/06 3:00 pm - Theodore, AL
The CC route is by far the best bet as far as MT training. You will likely want to complete a mentorship/internship program after you graduate. I am hoping to have a mentoring program up and running by the end of the year. Please contact me if you do decide to go to school for MT. If I can't use, I can at least refer you to some legitimate companies and MT company owners that I have worked for personally. I have been in this field for over 20 years and I have lots of contacts. Sincerely, Deb Ellis
saldanabea
on 8/10/06 2:13 am - San Antonio, TX
Yes!!! I am desperately looking for any transcription work that is home-based! I recently graduated from U.S. Career Institute and just need to get a little experience. I had a baby 7 months ago and haven't worked since. Our savings is almost gone so I need to find some work, little or big, A.S.A.P. Thanks, Beatrice Saldana
msandello
on 10/2/06 7:36 am
Hi Deb - I hope you are the "contact" that I am looking for..... I work at a cc myself and would like to find a PT at home position perhaps to branch out to in entirety. I am an excellent typist (love it, in fact) and plan to take the MT course here at the college. Personally knowing the instructor, she said I could borrow the foot pedal and download the software used in class. Please email me at [email protected] and let me know if this is worth pursuing. I am extremely responsible, have access to hi-speed internet, laser printer, overnight mail etc.... just need the right "contacts" to make this goal of mine happen. Have a blessed day! Edited by Member Service Dept. KT
Most Active
Recent Topics
Introduction with question.
KellyJTn · 0 replies · 394 views
Penn Foster?
maryjones1 · 0 replies · 793 views
DO NOT GO TO WORK FOR SPHERIS
NCMT · 3 replies · 528 views
Second hand career step books
agoodman · 5 replies · 1045 views