Just introducing myself

Andrea N.
on 10/11/05 4:25 am - Ashland, VA
My name is Andrea and I graduated this past May with a diploma in medical transcription from a local trade school. I managed to graduate with honors with a 3.69GPA while working and taking care of my 3 boys. My teacher has been teaching this course for 7 years and he told me that only 1 other person in the 7 years did as well as I did. He even wrote me a letter of recommendation but still I've had NO luck finding a job and I'm getting really frustrated. I tried to work for a lady who owned her own company but she lived better than 40 miles from my house and she wanted me to do all the driving (with a V8 truck and almost $3/gallon) and was only going to pay .06 a line. I did one tape and put more gas in the truck than I made. I have applied with a lot of the online companies but most are very discouraging saying they don't even want you to apply if you don't have anywhere between 1-5 years experience. Any ideas? Does anybody know any companies that would be willing to hire a newbie? I have found one called Transam http://www.transamassociates.com/application/ where they offer to train you and so much other stuff and you are required to buy your own software which of course is terribly expensive and I'm not really sure if they are a gimmick to make money or if they are a legit company. Anybody ever heard of them or actually worked for them? Thanks for the patience with all my questions. I hope everyone is having a wonderful day.
dellismt
on 4/17/06 3:00 pm - Theodore, AL
Scam company! Do not buy into that!!! Check out posts for them at MT Daily and MT Stars. They are bad news!
Patience
on 5/10/06 1:36 am - Lancaster, VA
Andrea, check the MedQuist website. They have newbie training programs. In fact, as an experience transcriptionist, they give most of the difficult to us and use the easier accounts to their newbies. Try an get on an E.R. account. P.
awesomesis6
on 2/10/07 2:36 am
OPERATIVE PREOPERATIVE DIAGNOSIS: Malfunction of the pacemaker generator. POSTOPERATIVE DIAGNOSIS: Same procedure, changed a replacement of pacemaker generator. TECHNIQUE: A new CPI was connected to the leads and was replaced into the pouch. This patient lying on the supine position, I.V. running, and the sedation given by the Anesthesiologists. The right upper chest, neck, and shoulder were prepped with Betadine and suitably draped. Patient was given a gram of Ancef or Kefzol I.V. preopertably. The scan on subcutaneous tissues under the old scar were infiltrated with 1% Xylocaine and an incision was made through the old scar. The pacemaker generator palates were opened and the generator enucleated and detached from the leads. The leads were tested and the various characteristics capture resistance and sensitivity were satisfactory for a chronic lead placement. A new CPI (Astra bipolar generator) was selected, model 639 was connected to the leads and was working satisfactorily. It was replaced into the pouch and the pouch closed using running 3-0 Vicryl on the subcutaneous tissues and running subcuticular portal Vicryl on the skin with half-inch Steri-Strips.
dwhitembs4health
on 11/5/07 3:37 am
Hi Andrea, My name is Dawn White and i am a production coordinator for a medical transcription company located in Columbus Ohio. We are currently hiring for at home medical transcriptionist (yes even newbies). We do hire new grads because it is much easier to train. I would love to hear from you ( any friends also if they are interested) My contact email is [email protected]...... Please contact me so we can discuss you filling out our application, prescreen and taking our MT test. Thanks Dawn white
Most Active
Recent Topics
Introduction with question.
KellyJTn · 0 replies · 394 views
Penn Foster?
maryjones1 · 0 replies · 792 views
DO NOT GO TO WORK FOR SPHERIS
NCMT · 3 replies · 528 views
Second hand career step books
agoodman · 5 replies · 1044 views